Advice HC at UGA’s E-Board Would Give to Our Freshman Selves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

As a senior starting my 8th and final semester at the University of Georgia, I have amassed some knowledge and experiences that I could not have predicted 4 years ago. I remember being a nervous freshman moving into my freshman dorm room as if it were yesterday. Many of our Her Campus E-Board is approaching their final years or semesters of undergrad, and we wanted to share some of the advice we wish we would’ve had as a freshman. We hope you learn from this advice and keep it in your mind as you finish your remaining years in school.

“It’s okay to be proud of where you come from. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel bad because of your roots.”

– Presley Sneed, Campus Correspondent & Editor-in-Chief

“Don’t wait to live the life you always dreamed of. Don’t wait to move to a new city, meet new people, and get money to enjoy life. Enjoy life today rather than look back and wish you did.”

– Brianna Mays, Campus Correspondent & President

“Worrying about things that haven’t happened yet is a waste of time. Just enjoy the ride!”

– Caroline Embleau, Senior Editor

“No one trying to judge you. Just have fun and do your best!” 

– Lindsay Morris, Junior Editor

“All of the hard work and stress you’re going through will pay off. Soon you’ll be taking the classes you love for your dream job.”

– Hannah Vesper, Senior Social Media Director

“Don’t be afraid to ask questions and go out of your comfort zone! You’d be surprised at the outcomes and the relationships that come out of it.”

– Kayla Chanthavisith, Recruitment Director

“As cliché as it sounds, try new things and take risks. Join those clubs that seem fun. Take those classes that interest you. Now’s your chance to explore and figure yourself out, so take advantage of it.”

– Anna VE, Director of Diversity and Inclusion

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.