This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

With newly flawless skin and endlessly long lashes, most girls are not thinking about where their makeup comes from when they’re swiping on mascara in the morning. Makeup serves its purpose, so the production process is often overlooked. For brands that are not cruelty-free, this process can be very damaging to the animals they test on, with the potential to kill them. To alleviate some of the harm done by this unethical practice, an increasing number of cosmetic brands have begun making their production process “cruelty-free.” It used to be that the few brands that were devoted to healthy and ethical products were expensive and out of the average teenagers price range, but they are now much more readily accessible. The following popular makeup brands are entirely cruelty-free and are in most people’s budgets. Ranging from products like e.l.f. that can be as low as two or three dollars to slightly more expensive brands like Anastasia Beverly Hills, these brands will insure that you look stunning AND feel good without the concern of what horrible practices your purchases might be supporting.

e.l.f.

Monochromatic Multi Stick – $4

Physicians Formula

Butter Highlighter – $10.95

NYX

HD Photogenic Concealer Wand – $4

Pixi Beauty

Flawless Beauty Primer – $22

Flower Beauty

Glow Getter Liquid Illuminizer – $13

Sonia Kashuk

Ultra Luxe Lip Gloss – $6.95

IT cosmetics

Superhero liner – $24

BH cosmetics

Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Palette – $15.99

Glossier

Cloud Paint Seamless Cheek Color – $18

These brands are only a small portion of those that are cruelty-free, and the number is only growing. If none of these meet your needs there are a lot of other options out there to keep you both beautiful and ethical!

Thumbnail source

Lora is a UGA student majoring in Linguistics and Romance Languages. She is a first-generation immigrant from Bulgaria, and her culture and language are incredibly important to her. When she's not writing articles for Her Campus, you can find her with her nose in a book, doing some vintage shopping, watching re-runs of Gilmore Girls for the millionth time, or bartending at a local bar. Check out more about her on her ig: @ loraa_y!