8 Fun Things To Do When You’re Stuck In Your Dorm All Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Whether it’s a rainy weekend, there’s nothing going on outside of the dorm, or any other reason that leaves you stuck in your dorm all weekend, there are tons of things that you can do to keep yourself entertained and productive!

Movie Night with Roommate

Grab your roommate and choose a good movie that you’re both interested in. Having movie nights with your roommate is a fun way to bond and enjoy the night.

Netflix or YouTube

It’s an amazing, relaxing and entertaining time when you watch your favorite show on Netflix or videos on YouTube. Staying in your room for a long duration is a great chance to chill and watch what you want.

Game Night with Hall Mates

Invite your hall mates to a game night in the hallway or someone’s room. Have your hall mates bring out games (board games or video games) they might have, and let the endless laughter and fun that comes with game nights commence.

Order Food and Enjoy

Pizza is a great meal that you can keep in the fridge and come back to when you’re hungry throughout the weekend. Try ordering your favorite foods to make your weekend in your dorm more enjoyable.

Homework

It’s always a good idea to do homework in college, so during your weekend in the dorm, homework would be a great thing to finish or get a head start on. It’s productive, and you will thank yourself by the end of the weekend.

Plan Out Your Week

To help you get ahead for the week, try planning out your upcoming week during this time. Whether you use a planner, to-do lists or your own methods, it can help you feel more organized and productive.

FaceTime Friends and Family

When you’re stuck in your dorm, it can be a great chance to FaceTime your family and friends from home. You’ll have less distractions and more quality time to spend with them.

Spa Day

Try taking time to take care of yourself by having a spa day during this weekend. Do face masks, paint your nails, or even do hair treatments to feel great and have fun!

Enjoy yourself no matter what you end up doing!

Photo Sources: [Thumbnail, photos 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8]

Shania is a journalism and political science student at The University of Georgia, graduating in May 2021. She loves writing and spent the first couple years of her college career writing and editing for Her Campus!