This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

DISCLAIMER: The styling is my opinion! Wear what you love!

Loafers

Loafers are coming back in a huge way. And by huge way, I mean their soles. You’ll see a lot of chunky loafers this fall, and styling them is super easy! They look great with a turtleneck or collared shirt layered under a sweater or sweatshirt paired with a miniskirt. To wear them casually, try a straight leg jean in a dark wash. This can also be paired with a sweater vest on it’s own, or any t-shirt.

SHACKETS

If you missed the thick flannel coats that made an appearance last winter, don’t worry. They’ve been rebranded with the name “shacket” (which I can only assume means shirt jacket) and are a little thinner. They come in many different lengths and patterns! Style them the way you would style a zip-up jacket, or opt for them instead of oversized cardigans and scarf ponchos.

trumpet flare jeans

Your seventh grade bootcut jeans just got an upgrade. Trumpet flares are a combination of bootcut and bellbottoms, so they’re a safe middle ground if you like the shape of the bellbottom but feel they’re too dramatic. They fit just right from the waist to the knee and then they flare out, and are a little longer than bootcut and less dramatic than bellbottoms. These jeans look best with shoes of choice and a loose fitting sweater, or a t-shirt or long-sleeved tee.

WIDE CALF BOOTS

Wide calf boots were a staple for our moms in the 80s and early 90s, and they’re making their way back into the fashion scene. Style these the way you would style a riding boot or a knee-high suede boot! They’re so comfortable and can elevate casual outfits to the next level. I pair mine with a mini skirt or a loose fitted sweater. They also go great with bodycon dresses, and the best way to transition to fall is with these boots and a bodycon midi dress!

blazers

Blazers are great when you don’t want to look “frumpy” but don’t want to get chilly on your walk to class! Solid blazers look great paired with a patterned jean, dress, or skirt. Patterned blazers are the exact opposite, and I recommend styling them with a solid colors. Be adventurous with what types of clothing you pair them with, because they pretty much go with anything. For shoes, they look best with sneakers or loafers.

Now that you know the upcoming trends, go out there and get ahead of the curve! I know you’ll look great!

Tristen is a student at University of Georgia and is a Theatre major. She is studying to be a drama educator in underfunded high schools. She enjoys finding new places to eat and painting abstract art. Her guilty pleasures are "bad" movies, Chunky Monkey ice cream, and Y2K music.