This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Winter is coming to an end, and we can finally stow away our boots, scarves and winter coats, and embrace warm weather and spring fashion. Spring fashion is always about light colors, bold prints, and showing a bit of skin. Here are five fashion trends that you can incorporate into your spring wardrobe.

1. Trench coats

We all know how hot and cold (literally!) that Georgia weather can be. When the first day of spring arrives there is no guarantee of 70 degree weather. Trench coats are not only a chic wardrobe essential, but are the perfect piece to help transition your wardrobe from winter to spring.

2. Stripes

Florals are usually the go-to print for spring, but this year stripes are all the rage. Stripes were seen all across runways during New York and Paris Fashion Weeks. Stripes can be subtle, like the classic black or white stripes, or you can go bold with bigger stripes and vivid colors. Stripes are also a great way to include prints into your outifits without being too eccentric, and flatter almost any body type.

3. Off-The-Shoulder Tops

Warmer weather means showing more skin, and an off-the-shoulder top is the perfect way to do it! These flowy tops are boho chic and come in various spring time colors, as well as various materials such as chiffon or denim. Pair an off-the-shoulder top with your favorite pair of jeans or denim shorts to complete the look.

4. Silk

Silk became a major fashion staple towards the end of winter, and will continue to be a major trend as we transition into spring. Silk trousers are light and airy, silk coats and jackets are a great way to keep warm on cooler spring days, and silk dresses are simple and sexy. Celebrities such as Rihanna and Gigi Hadid have incorporated the trend into their street style. Although silk is a known as a delicate and feminine fabric, it’s quite versatile. It can be dressed up with your favorite pair of heels, or dressed down with a comfortable pair of sneakers.

5. Platform Shoes

Platform shoes have made their trimphant return! These 70s inspired shoes may come across as a bit intimidating to wear, but on the contrary are comfortable and easy to style. You won’t have to sacrifice style for comfort or vice versa. Platform shoes can be worn as sneakers or sandals, and can help dress up a casual look.

I am a third year student at UGA and an intended broadcast journalism major.