sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Signs You May Be a Little Clingy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

We all like to think we’re cool. Unattached. We’re all the “play-hard-to-get” types. Until we find that special someone and enter those wonderful things called “relationships.” And then we’re still cool. Still unattached. Still playing hard to get… maybe. Sometimes, without realizing it, we become those girls we all know: clingy to the max without a shred of awareness. Here are five signs that you may be clingier than you realize.

1. If the number of calls/texts you send him is higher than your age

No one likes an over-texter. A few a day keeps the break-up away.

2. If you’re on his Facebook page more than your own

This is the fastest way for your status to go from “in a relationship” to “single.” 

3. If you stake him out at his house…

Seriously, though, this one could result in legal action. There is simply no need.

4. Or anywhere else he goes

The same thing goes for this one. No man is worth jail time. 

5. If you find any similarities between yourself and “Overly Attached Girlfriend”

We can’t stress this enough: watching Orange Is the New Black does not prepare you for jail time. You are not cut out for prison.

If you checked off any of these five signs, you may be slightly clingy. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. If you’ve realized you checked off more than one or two, you may be bordering crazy town, but it’s not too late! If you happened to check off all five, well, we’re afraid that may be beyond our expertise. But… it’ll be okay.

Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).