5 Reasons You’re Counting Down The Days Until You’re On a Cruise Ship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

This Friday, it will officially be the end of the week and the start of the University of Georgia’s Spring Break. Can we get an amen?!  Many students are fortunate enough to be spending the break with close friends and family on a cruise ship. To those of you headed to a big ship, here are five reasons you should be counting down the days until you’re cruising.

1. Sunshine and tan lines

Although you’ve started to get a small glimpse of warmer weather in Athens, nothing will compare to the sunshine you will get when you are cruising in the Caribbean or once you dock and are tanning on the beaches of Mexico. Get your sunscreen or tanning oil ready because you are bound to come home with a nice glow to your skin that will have you wishing spring would quickly turn to summer.

2. Adult beverages

For the cruise goers who are 21 and older, and the ones who splurged on the drink package, the unlimited fruity cocktails will not only quench your thirst under the blazing sun, but they will have you forgetting about all of your school obligations!

3. Unlimited food

Let’s face it—you’ve been working towards your “Spring Break bod” this semester, but now that Spring Break is here, you can let loose a bit. And what better way to do that than unlimited pizza and ice cream on the boat?

4. Quality friend time

It’s not often that you get to spend five days with your friends uninterrupted, without having to worry about studying for tests, internships or working. Hopefully long days together do not tire you out but instead allow y’all to enjoy much needed friend-time away from having your head in the books at Starbucks.

5. Adding a new place to your list of travel spots

Yes, you are going on a vacation, but at the end of the day, you will get to visit new cities and countries where you will meet new people and see a small glimpse of a different culture. Whether you choose to eat at a local restaurant, do some shopping or partake in an excursion, you’re adding a place to the already growing list of places you’ve seen. How lucky!

You’re going to have an amazing time. Only a few more days until you’re there, so keep counting down. Three…two…one…before you know it, you’ll be aboard a ship awaiting a new adventure. Happy cruising and happy [almost] Spring Break!

Thumbnail photo by Peter Hansen on Unsplash.

My name is Marlee Middlebrooks, and I am a May 2018 graduate of the University of Georgia. I was a dual degree student and earned my Bachelor of Arts in journalism as well as my Bachelor of Arts in communication studies. While in college, I was the Editor in Chief of UGAzine, a feature writer for Her Campus at UGA and a beat reporter for The Red and Black. I believe in the power of storytelling. I believe stories truly allow each of us to find a way to connect with one another. When I’m not telling stories, you can definitely find me in the Chick-fil-A drive thru or catching up on the current reality TV craze—my all time favorite show being Survivor.