5 Reasons You and Your Roommate are Basically Grannies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

When you were in high school, you thought your college experience would be filled with boys, busyness and plenty of booze… But lately, you’ve found yourself staying in rather than going out and you’ve traded cute bodycon skirts and high heels for oversized sweatpants and sensible shoes that are more comfy than cute. But at least you’re not alone, because your roommate is just the same. Yes, you two may be the grannies of your friend group, but grannies can still have some fun too, right?

1. You’ve cancelled plans to have a “roommate night” that consists of the two of you, a bottle of wine, Netflix binge-watching, and the occasional dance party

2. You’re known as the apartment that will always have pastries, and cooks breakfast after a ~crazy~ night out

3. Your attention span is at an all-time low, and you can’t hide it anymore… Especially around each other.

4. Everyone knows not to text you guys after 10 p.m., because you’re definitely asleep

5. But no matter what, you guys still know how to ‘cut a rug’ and ‘get your groove on’ from time to time

Gifs courtesy of Giphy // Thumbnail courtesy of Unplash