5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Forget About Thanksgiving

As soon as Halloween is over, people immediately jump into the Christmas spirit.  Seriously, going onto social media on the first of November was just a compilation of posts like these:

Hope everyone had a spooky Halloween! Now on to the next holiday!

A post shared by Past Forward Podcast (@pastforwardcast) on

And I am here to tell you that I am SICK of it. Too many times people seem to simply forget that the greatest holiday to ever exist, also known as Thanksgiving, happens in November and it deserves much better than it gets. 

Angry Bite Tongue GIF by Saturday Night Live

Here are 5 reasons you shouldn’t forget Thanksgiving

1. The FOOD

Thanksgiving Dinner GIF What could be better than a holiday where all you have to do is eat? There is really no better time for foodies to thrive. Just think of the stuffing. THE STUFFING.

2. The football

Zeke Cowboys GIF - Zeke Cowboys Nfl GIFs

Picture this: you’re nice and full after your huge helping of turkey, and now you’re cuddled up in front of the TV watching some good ol’ football. Sounds nice, I know.  

3. The family bonding 

Image result for family hugging gif

Yes, the political debates can get a little tiresome. But there’s no denying that Thanksgiving is the ultimate time to show your family how much you appreciate them.

4. It’s a nice break before finals

Image result for studying gifThanksgiving break is our last chance to catch up on sleep before finals week hits. Take advantage, and appreciate it for the gift that it is.

5. The iconic Friends episodes

friends thanksgiving joey thanksgiving GIFs GIFAnd lastly, the reason we all started loving Thanksgiving in the first place. This is really the only reason anyone should need to appreciate Turkey Day for all its glory, and it's Friends at its finest.

Now that your memory has been refreshed on why Thanksgiving is the greatest, go ahead and look on Pinterest for some great Thanksgiving recipes. You deserve it (and save the Christmas music for December while you're at it).