5 Reasons Why Dogs Are Too Precious For This World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

I love dogs. I post about them on Instagram and text my friends all the time about them. I can’t get enough. I will share anything and everything about dogs—my favorites being super random Tweets and videos. I send GIFs of dogs waving or dancing to my mom and to many of my friends. I mean, if you haven’t seen Maya the Dog trying different foods, then I don’t think we can be friends—it’s pure genius. But all this dog talk makes me think that dogs are seriously too precious for this world. The saying is true; humans do not deserve dogs. They are too pure for us. When you look at a puppy’s face with those big eyes, it’s not hard to think that the puppy truly is what is good in this world. But in case you still don’t agree me, here are my reasons why:

Guide Dogs

Many dogs are service animals whose jobs are literally to help those with disabilities. Like how awesome is that? They have the most honorable and responsible profession that I can think of… and they’re dogs. Service/guide dogs are all over the UGA campus doing good deeds, and they bring so much joy to people’s faces. You need more proof? Scroll through the Overheard at UGA group on Facebook; the majority of the feed happens to be of particularly funny guide dogs. I have a friend who has a guide dog who is brought to all of our group meetings. That dog has become one with the groupI will cry when he graduates training.

Emotional Support

Dogs are also the best emotional support in general. Whenever I need cheering up or to pass leisure time, I look up dog photos or videos. That’s also, of course, when the GIFs or memes come into play. If I’m tired enough, I’ll send anything dog-related. But again as for emotional support, they are truly the best. I think I tell more to my dog than another human being, and she does understand me. Don’t let people tell you differently. Dogs do understand you. Also, have you seen the videos where a dog sees its owner is sad and cuddles up to him? It melts my heart every time. They are the best listeners and cuddlers.

Family

Dogs, when they’re your pets, also grow up with you. They’re family. My family has had the same dog since I was four (yes, she is very old). She is like a sister to me. My dad calls her his “dog-ter” and spoils her more than he does the rest of the family. She rules the household, and my family is okay with it. Essentially, dogs mean everything to people. They’re so ingrained in our lives, more than we ever deserve.

Funny

Dogs are also hilarious. I won’t go into that more. See literally any GIF in this article to get my gist. They’re the cutest things.

Loyalty

Dogs are also extremely loyal. As I said countless times, they will do anything for their owners and care for their owners so much. I don’t see nearly as much loyalty in humans.

All-in-all, dogs are too precious for this world. Dogs are everything. They are the real deal.

UGA '22. Entertainment Media Studies major with a Theatre Studies Minor and a New Media Certificate (wants to be a television writer or a producer of digital content promoting kindness). Just your average, kinda awkward, 40 year old Jewish mom in a 19 year old's body who loves coffee, bagels, television, and late nights on Amazon. Check here for random writing thoughts!