This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

I love making playlists; I’ll make one for any situation, feeling, event, character, you name it. And if I can’t make it, I dig through Spotify until I find exactly what I need. Here’s what’s been on repeat for me.

Megan’s best

Megan Thee Stallion is my girl. She’s always playing whether I’m in the car, getting ready, or doing homework. I put together a playlist of my favorite songs from her, and right now, I’ve mainly been listening to it while I’m at the gym or walking around campus.

Film + TV Scores

I’ve recently gotten into listening to soundtracks and scores while I study or fall asleep. These are a few of the ones I love the most and that are always playing in my head. They’re all from my favorite shows and movies, or even ones that I just heard in passing and couldn’t stop thinking about.

The second half of pyramids by frank ocean

“Pyramids” is one of my favorite songs by Frank, and I relish in all nine minutes of the song every time it comes on, and I’ll hit replay until I get tired of it (which is never). I didn’t make this playlist, but it’s full of songs that match the same vibe as the back half of “Pyramids,” and it’s so good. The second half is my favorite and when I’m done listening to the song on loop I hit play on this.

2024 Manifestation

I made this one around 11:30 PM on New Year’s Eve, so I could have something to play going into the new year. Because I made it in a rush, it’s not cohesive or completely what I wanted it to be. However, it is a reflection of some of my goals this year: success, love, confidence, and high energy.

seaweed brain <3

My friend made this one two years ago when Percy Jackson casting announcements were coming out. It’s a series the both of us have loved since we were kids, so they asked me for help and we had so much fun adding song after song, making jokes, and giving long-winded explanations on why each song fits Percy and Annabeth. Since the show is airing and I’m re-reading the series, I’ve been listening to this a lot.

My year is off to a good start, and I’ve been listening to happier, more positive music to keep the good vibes going. I know that 2024 will only bring more new playlists and fresh songs to keep on repeat.

Gabby Floyd is a fourth year Special Education major at UGA. She loves social justice, Olive Garden breadsticks, and Spider-Man movies. In her free time, she's usually reading, binge watching Glee, or making niche Spotify playlists.