person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

5 Instagrammers and YouTubers To Check Out For Serious Halloween Inspo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

October is here, and Halloween is near, so it’s finally that time of year to let the skeletons out of the closet, pick up a pumpkin (spice latte), and start seriously thinking about the perfect outfit for a spooktacular All Hallow’s Eve. With that in mind, here are 5 Instagrammers and YouTubers to check out for some serious Halloween costume inspiration.

1) madeyewlook

Lex of @madeyewlook on Instagram is a professional body painter and esthetician, who has wracked up over 700k followers because of her super realistic body painting skills. She is an absolute queen at adding a special twist to some famous horror characters (such as Pennywise), and she even creates some of the most amazing, original sfx makeup looks using only body paint. If you want to get detailed instructions to recreate some of her looks, you can head over to her YouTube page (Madeyewlook) for step-by-step tutorials. 

2) Glam&Gore

Glam&Gore‘s Mikey is an LA-based, self-taught beauty and sfx makeup artist, who has been uploading videos of her work on YouTube for over four years. With the versatility of all of her looks and her serious dedication, such as frequently shaving off her eyebrows for her sfx looks, paired with a killer personality (pun intended), it is easy to see why her videos have garnered over 300 million views in total. Having done everything from “Pre and Post-Op Plastic Surgery Barbie” to Jigsaw, there is no shortage of makeup videos for you to gather some inspiration from.

3) caffeinated_dreamer_

??…Beholder of secrets…?? There’s something I love about the bohemian/gypsy style, and I wanted to incorporate it into a look. Hope you like it! ?? . . ? Product details… @nyxcosmetics Macaron lipstick in ‘Chambord’ with eye tint liquid in ‘Morning Sky.’ Waterproof liner and white liquid liner @elfcosmetics Liquid liner @urbandecaycosmetics Electric palette @esteelauder Doublewear foundation in ‘Tawny’ @Londonpridecosmeticsuk – Mink Faux ‘Thirsty Eyes’ @paintglowofficial glitters in ‘Disco Fever’ and ‘Mystic Mermaid’ @katvondbeauty Shade and Light palette @anastasiabeverlyhills Amrezy highlight . . #mehron #facepaint #creativemakeup #morphebrushes #faceandbodyart #makeupart #katvondbeauty #faceart #artisticmakeup #nyxcosmetics #tarot #fortuneteller #tarotcards #glittermakeup #gypsystyle #bohemian #fxartist #urbandecay #100daysofmakeup #mehronmakeup #crazymakeups #makeupfx #makeupinspo #myartistcommunity #bodypaint #halloweenmakeup #sfx #makeupdolls #makeupmafia

A post shared by ?D o n n a ⭐ (@caffeinated_dreamer_) on

Donna manages to create some of the most beautiful monsters on her Instagram account @caffeinated_dreamer_. Feeling like a star? Be sure to check out some of her celebrity cosplays, like her Michael Jackson or Angelina Jolie looks. If you want something a little more on the delicate side, she recently did an “Autumnal Nymph” makeup look that is perfect for those who would rather woo the spirits. 

4) cutiepiesensei

A cosplay goddess is exactly what Jasmine, better known as @cutiepiesensei of Instagram, is. Her account is perfect for anyone who wants to recreate the outfit or look of any of their favorite superheroes, comic book or videogame characters. The best thing about her cosplays is that she always has variations on how she does one character, such as her Raven look, where she does the cosplay in both skin tone and gray. 

5) KieraPlease

Last, but certainly not least, we present you with @KieraPlease. Kiera is a singer and show host, but is most well-known for her accurate and simplistic cosplays. Many of Kiera’s cosplays do not require special makeup or costumes, so they can all be remade with clothing and makeup that you already own. Her account is also the perfect place to go, if you are looking for some groovy throwback fashion costumes, such as this gingham pants fit.  

Here’s to finding enough inspiration that your costume will make a mummy want its mummy.

Bre'Ana is an first-year student at the University of Georgia following a Pre-Medicine track. In her free time she enjoys listening to music (if you haven't listened to Rex Orange County you aren't living), binge-watching Netflix originals (highly recommends checking out "Anne with an E" 10/10 show), and attempting to cook.