This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Binge watching classic rom-coms or horror films on Netflix can be an easy go-to for a chill Saturday night in, but in the month of March, there are plenty of new releases, either original stories or remakes, in theaters that make it worth it to change your scenery and hit up the local cinema. Here are five upcoming films for the month of March to checkout!

Five Feet Apart (March 15)

Produced by Jane the Virgin star, Justin Baldoni, and starring big actors Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson, Five Feet Apart is a film that follows the story of two CF patients, with completely different mindsets, who come together and fight their condition with one another. The movie follows their love story and how they cope with making a relationship, all while having to stay five feet apart.

Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase (March 15)

After many years, Ellen DeGeneres has decided to produce another book-to-screen remake of Nancy Drew. Although there is a bit of controversy surrounding the accuracy of the characters within the film, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase brings to life a series loved by many generations of people. Head to the theater yourself to see if you love or hate this modern-day rendition.

Captive State (March 15)

If you’re looking for a bit more action and sci-fi, Captive State is the movie for you. An original screenplay, the film follows a state of the Earth after aliens had conquered it, where humans are enslaved to the extraterrestrial beings. Many are divided on how they feel about the takeover, and the film takes on the task of showing the thoughts and actions of not only the resistance, but those who cooperate fully with the alien cause. 

Us (March 22)

Directed by Jordan Peele who shook many with his hit film Get Out, Us is another hair-raising story about a family, the Wilsons, that is terrozied by another family who wear masks of their own faces. The dopplegangers harrass and plot against the Wilsons, turning them against one another as they attempt to murder them all. If you’re looking for an intense psychological thriller, this is the film for you.

Dumbo (March 29)

Now, what is a movie list without a Disney movie? Walt Disney Studios is contuining its theme of live-action remakes of its classic films with its most recent development of Dumbo. The CGI powers are great and truly bring to life a staple piece of the Disney collection. Bring a few tissues along for this nostalgic piece.

Now when there seems to be nothing to do but just rewatch the same old shows on Hulu or Netflix, use this list to go to the movie theater and experience new stories!