Style

5 Fashion Influencers You Should Be Following on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

If you’ve been on Instagram lately chances are you’ve seen your fair share of fashion bloggers who have expanded their following by using Instagram as a great marketing platform. Whether they started with a blog, YouTube, or Instagram, each one of these influencers post great content in different areas to help with inspiration. If you feel like you are in a fashion rut, check out these blogs for a pick-me-up and new ways to style pieces you probably already own. Many of these fashion influencers can be seen at New York Fashion Week shows and in company showrooms to share upcoming fashion trends with their followers. They show you that you don’t have to be rich to have great style. Also, each of these influencers offers content outside of fashion whether it is home decor, hair and beauty tips, professional development skills, or just lifestyle posts. Here are five influencers you should follow right now.

Sydne Summer

Sydne is a fashion blogger with over 195k followers on Instagram alone. She posts on her blog daily and posts on Instagram just as frequently. One great thing she does is focus on capsule wardrobes by providing many ways to wear one piece of clothing, which saves consumers money and time. Along with posting IGTV videos, she has giveaways and posts links to each outfit she wears on her blog. She responds to comments and is always considering her followers’ feedback when she makes new posts.

Sydne’s Instagram.

Sydne’s Blog.

Kelsey Simone

Kelsey Simone is a YouTuber turned fashion guru. If you have followed her on YouTube for a long time you have seen her style change and following grow, however, despite over 962k followers on Instagram and over 1.69 million subscribers on YouTube, she is still very humble and young at heart. Her aesthetic is neutral and classic. She gets a lot of inspiration from Coco Chanel and Blair Waldorf, however, she finds a lot of vintage pieces at vintage and thrift stores making her style achievable without having to break the bank. She posts videos on YouTube multiple times a week and posts on Instagram frequently as well.

Kelsey’s Instagram.

Kelsey’s YouTube.

Mariam Musa

If you are familiar with the reality TV show, Survival of the Fittest, you are probably familiar with one of the winners of season 1: Mariam Musa. She is a British TV personality turned Instagram fashion blogger and YouTuber. She gained a lot of popularity due to her relationship with Warren Phillips, a contestant on Survival of the Fittest, however, after their break-up, it was clear that Mariam Musa was a star on her own. Mariam posts many IGTV videos similar to Sydne Summer, but their styles are different. She styles pieces on Instagram and posts hauls on YouTube. 

Mariam’s Instagram.

Mariam’s YouTube.

Kameron Monet

Kameron Monet is pretty different from the other fashion bloggers because she has a full-time job outside of Instagram, a blog, or YouTube. She is a Bar Certified Attorney from Alabama who works a 9-5 job but finds time to film and edit YouTube videos and post on Instagram. She focuses on professional and stylish workwear while also providing firsthand experience with working in the legal field. Her style is professional while also being different from the typical monocramitic corporate America or legal dresscode. If you are looking for ways to be stylish at your job or internship, she is a great source for inspiration. Outside of fashion and “legal tea” (her personal brand), Kameron provides hair and beauty tips for darker skin tones. 

Kameron’s Instagram.

Kameron’s YouTube.

Christine Andrew

Christine is the fashion blogger behind HelloFashionBlog and has over 1 million Instagram followers. Unlike many other bloggers, she is a wife and a mother of four. She most recently partnered with Kohl’s to pick out some spring outfits from their newest collections. She shows that moms can be stylish even after kids. Whether you have kids or not, her blog and style can be great for fashion inspiration and affordable finds as well as home decor inspiration.

Christine’s Instagram.

Christine’s Blog.

These five influencers all are different and have different content but can all appeal to many different people. Check them out and see what they have to offer whether it’s on Instagram, YouTube, or a blog. They won’t disappoint!

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.