This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The weather is getting cooler, but love is still in the air! It’s wedding season, and Instagram timelines are full of high school classmates and college friends posting their engagement pictures. Getting the invitation is exciting, but as the date approaches, you start stressing about what to wear. Weddings are full of photo taking and time for you to meet other people, so it’s good to feel comfortable in what you are wearing. The outfit ideas listed below are great for weddings with casual, dressy casual, festive, or semi-formal attire. If you buy any pieces to recreate these outfits, the best part is these items can be worn even after the wedding to other events, so it is a smart buy! 

Dresses in Fall Colors

Dresses are an obvious choice for weddings, but dresses for fall weddings are different from dresses worn in the summer and spring. When shopping, look for dresses in pretty fall colors, such as emerald green, mustard, maroon, purple, or navy with a silhouette and fabric that will keep you cool even if it is still warm outside. Dresses with thin straps or flowy sleeves will help keep you cool, especially if you are attending a backyard wedding. The color of the dress will still fit the season and can be a great transition piece as the weather gets cooler. You can carry a cardigan or blazer to layer for evening weddings when the temperature drops. Accessorize these dresses based on the specific attire of the wedding, but you can’t go wrong with nude heels and a purse to match as shown above. If you got a nice tan this summer, you can show it off with the nude heels which will elongate your legs. Pair with earrings that match the color of your dress for an easy, but stylish outfit!

Dressy Jumpsuits

These beautiful jumpsuits are great for weddings that are more dressy without having to wear evening gowns. If you are not a dress girl or just like more range of motion when getting down on the dance floor, jumpsuits give you the freedom to move without having to worry about flashing anyone. The jumpsuit can be easily accessorized with simple or statement jewelry and a handbag depending on the attire and what you feel comfortable wearing.

Casual Jumpsuits

A more casual jumpsuit is perfect for weddings but can also be worn for date nights, college game days or just running errands. For weddings, you have a blank canvas that is ready to be accessorized. If you go for a black jumpsuit similar to the one shown above, you can pair it with fun earrings in any color and go with a simple purse and shoes to complement. Your handbag or clutch can also be the statement piece with a snakeskin print or another fun detail that will pop against the black jumpsuit without stealing the spotlight away from the bride! 

Stylish Rompers

A romper is one of the easiest outfits to put together because it is already an outfit in itself. A romper can be worn for multiple occasions, which makes it a wardrobe staple. Similar to a jumpsuit, it provides great coverage where a dress does not. The romper can be better than a jumpsuit when the weather is still basically summer weather, so you will stay cool due to the flowy material. A nice romper is also great for showing off your legs and summer tan. Your romper can be basic, which makes it easy to accessorize or the romper can have a pattern or detail that makes it the statement piece, meaning all you have to do is throw on some cute, comfortable shoes, grab a matching handbag and you are out the door!

Flowy Midi Skirts

This final outfit idea is great for the more classy wedding dress codes, without being black-tie formal. A long midi skirt is modest and classy but can still show your personality and individual style. Since the long skirt is trending right now, finding one in stores should be an easy task. A midi skirt can be paired with accessories that highlight the details of the skirt. If the skirt has a floral print with maroon coloring, you can find a purse, shoes, or jewelry that match that color creating a stylish, cohesive look. If you are feeling festive, a metallic skirt is very classy and can be worn into the winter for holiday parties. With a statement skirt, pair it with a chic top that complements the skirt instead of taking attention away from it. This can be paired with a button-up top with rolled-up sleeves and a pretty necklace for a feminine touch or a sweater to keep you warm on chilly nights! 

The most important thing when you choose something to wear is that you feel comfortable so you can focus on having fun!

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.