This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

I think we’ve all been waiting for this exact fall scene: the fire is crackling as your hot cocoa is steaming while you lay under a big fluffy blanket, turning the next page in your newest read. Now that midterms are starting to simmer down, everyone can relax with a good book and unwind a little. Whether you are looking for something eerie just in time for Halloween or a classic feel-good, here is a list of a couple of enticing reads you should delve into for some self-care fall-fiction. Not to mention, all of these can be found right here in Athens over at Avid Bookshop!

before the coffee gets cold by: toshikazu Kawaguchi

Before the Coffee Gets Cold (Hardcover) | Avid Bookshop

the shadow and bone trilogy by: Leigh bardugo

Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1) (Paperback) | Avid Bookshop

a study in charlotte by: Brittany Cavallaro

A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes Novel #1) (Paperback) | Avid Bookshop

Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe by: benjamin Alire sáenz

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Paperback) | Avid Bookshop

Wilder girls by: rory power

Wilder Girls (Paperback) | Avid Bookshop

The bookstore is a great place to go if you are looking for new stories to engage in! Here are just a few on the top of my list! Avid Bookshop has tons of cozy fall reads to explore. Happy fall and happy reading!

Caroline is a senior at the University of Georgia studying journalism and international affairs. One day, she aspires to be a copywriter, editor, or UX writer. She thoroughly enjoys writing, sushi, cats, coffee, and long walks to her refrigerator.