5 Books on my February Reading List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Can you believe that January 2021 is almost over? I remember watching the ball drop on TV and wondering what this year had in store for me. I wrote down a few goals in my bullet journal and started the first week off strong by exercising, cooking, and relearning songs on the piano, but one resolution I made for this year has had a slow start. I made to goal to read more books for fun, to learn more, and also to feel empowered. Now January is almost over and I have finished… 0 books. While I’m not angry at myself, I really want to dedicate some of my free time this February to not only starting books but finishing them! Here are 5 books I plan to read this February that you may want to read too!

You are a Badass® by Jen Sincero

This #1 New York Times Bestseller has been one of the greatest presents I have received. I’m only halfway through, but it is already changing my mindset on money and success. This is the perfect book to read in the morning to get you pumped for the day!

Untamed by Glennon Doyle

Another #1 New York Times Bestseller, Untamed is known as a truly liberating book for women. I’m hoping this book will help me get back to that carefree girl I was before I worried about what society thought of me!

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey

This book is much older than the others—first published in 1989! Covey has broken down how we can truly make a change in our lives through private and public victories. I read a version, written by Covey’s son for a teenage audience, many years ago, but I’m looking forward to seeing how these 7 habits still hold up in 2021.

The Creative Compass by Dan Millman and Sierra Prasada

Although I enjoy writing for Her Campus UGA, I am by no means a journalist. I really like to be creative and improve my writing, which is useful in careers outside of journalism. The Creative Compass, written by Dan Millman and his daughter Sierra Prasada, is a guide for writers to inspire them to write creatively and effectively. For those in Grady School of Journalism and those who want to improve their writing, this book might be just what you need!

The Present by Spencer Johnson

As someone who is very goal-oriented and is always envisioning my future, I can sometimes forget to live in the present which causes me to miss out on the great experiences happening right now. The Present is a short book (probably the book I will finish first) and is dedicated to showing us the gift that is the present which can help us be happier and more successful starting today rather than in point in the future.

Since school is in FULL swing, I may not have as much time as I would like to finish all five books but a little bit of progress is still progress. If I don’t finish, I will finish in March, but just getting back into doing something I used to really enjoy will take my mind off of the deadline and allow me to enjoy the books. Which books are you planning to read this February?

Be sure to check out “What You Should Read Next, According To Your Zodiac Sign” for more books to read!

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.