This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Spooky season is upon us, and so are a whole host of spooky activities that you can indulge in. And since this week is Halloween, I decided to come up with a list of 5 spooky things to do as you count down to All Hallow’s Eve!

Go to a haunted trail.

In the world of COVID-19, haunted houses may be difficult to go to safely, but haunted trails are outdoors and designed to be socially distanced. Haunted trails may even be scarier than haunted houses because think about it. Dark woods? Full moon? No cell service? It’s like the start to every scary movie. A required addition to any spooky activity list.

Watch scary movies.

Speaking of scary movies, another option is to binge your favorite scary movies either with a friend or an online group of them! What could be better than curling up with a blanket, a bag of popcorn, maybe a pet (or two), and watching a horror movie? Here’s a masterlist of scary and horror movies to send shivers down your spine this Halloween.

Carve a Jack-’O-Lantern.

If scary movies and haunted trails aren’t your thing, no worries! Try carving a Jack-’O-Lantern to get your spooky fix without the super scary aspect that goes along with it. Maybe you can even get a few friends and have a socially-distanced pumpkin carving evening.

Dress up in a spooky costume.

Halloween is the best time to dress up in your coolest, scariest, or spookiest costume, so go all out! You could turn yourself into a wicked witch,  a pirate, or even Jack Skellington himself. The only limits are your imagination, so be sure to take advantage of this designated adult dress-up time.

Watch the Spooky Scary Skeletons video.

A spooky seasons activity list wouldn’t be complete without the Spooky Scary Skeletons song. I don’t know about you, but this song is all I need to be able to get into the Halloween spirit. You can bop along to it, or you could try to make a TikTok video where you choreograph a dance for it. Either way, you’ll never feel as ready for spooky season as you will with this song playing in the background.

Whether you’re the queen of all things horror and Halloween or someone who simply wants to bask in the slightly-spooky, not-so-scariness of October, this list has something for everyone. Make sure to make the most of this week, stay safe, and Happy Halloween!

Presley is a senior at the University of Georgia and one of the Campus Correspondents for her Her Campus chapter. She is pursuing a double major in criminal justice and psychology, as well as a minor in Italian, and she hopes to attend law school after graduation. She plans to someday become a criminal prosecutor. When she's not binge-watching Law and Order, she's studying languages, literature, or music.