This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

I know what you’re thinking: It’s October. Halloween and Thanksgiving haven’t even happened, and you’re writing an article about Christmas movies? Yes, I am, because Christmas movies are being released in November, which isn’t as far away as you think. Here are the three new Christmas movies I’m most excited about this year that you should be too!

Last Christmas

Starring Emilia Clarke of Game of Thrones (in the romcom world, Me Before You) and Henry Golding of Crazy Rich Asians, Last Christmas is about a girl who, like most protagonists in Christmas movies, has lost her Christmas cheer. However, unlike most Christmas romcoms, the guy is the one who still holds out for Christmas miracles  it’s Kate (played by Clarke) who has lost her holiday joy. Something tells me she’ll get it back over the course of the movie with the help of Tom (played by Golding), and I can’t wait to watch how it unfolds!

Releasing in theaters Nov. 8, 2019. 

Noelle

Disney is no stranger to Christmas movies. They’ve produced childhood classics like The Santa Clause, Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. This year, they’ve gathered Anna Kendrick of Pitch Perfect, Bill Hader of Saturday Night Live, and Billy Eichner of Parks and Recreation so the movie is sure to have some laughs. Kendrick stars as Noelle Claus, Kris Kringle’s daughter. When Kringle passes away, it falls to Hader’s Nick Kringle to be Santa. But what happens if Nick doesn’t want to be Santa? With the actors alone, I’m in. Count me watching this as soon as I get my hands on that Disney+ access.

Releasing on Disney+ Nov. 12, 2019.

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby

Obviously, this iconic series wouldn’t be complete without a third movie with more political and personal drama for Amber (played by Rose McIver) and Richard (played by Ben Lamb) to get into and out of before the movie ends. I’m sure all will be well in Aldovia by the end of the plot, but Amber and Richard will have to renew a 600-year-old agreement with another country (not Genovia, unfortunately, but wouldn’t that crossover be great?). Honestly, the corny scripts and acting are kind of why we like these movies, and I doubt Netflix will disappoint.

Releasing on Netflix Dec. 5, 2019.

In between watching your old Christmas favorites, make some room for some new ones! It’s never too early for some Christmas cheer — we’ll need it during finals season!

Laura is a fourth-year Communication Studies major with a Spanish minor at UGA. She spent a semester working at Disney and can say with confidence that lovebugs are not as great as the iconic Jonas Brothers song made them out to be.