3 Easy Steps to Rock Formal Weekend

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Whether it’s your own sorority formal or you’ve been asked on a fraternity formal, it’s time to look fabulous. Although we can’t help you with picking out a great dress or how to properly paint a cooler, we can help you get prepared to look stunning all weekend long.

1. Get a Safe, Sun-Kissed Glow

Need to become a bronze goddess ASAP? Don’t jump in a tanning bed or spend too many hours by the pool. It may work for now, but it’s not worth the risk of dangerous skin cancer later. Plus, on top of the damage you’re doing to your skin, you could also end up with a nasty burn instead. Unless you think that your dress would look best with lobster-colored skin, try these tips instead.

Instead, just fake it! L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes are in convenient single use packets, so they’re great for on-the-go use. Just toss one in your bag and you’ll be all set! Plus, color develops in just a few short hours, so you won’t have to wait long to see your gorgeous glow.

If you’re lucky enough to be hitting the beach for the formal, don’t let your hard work protecting your skin go to waste. Make sure you wear sunscreen to keep yourself safe from the sun’s rays. One great option is Alba Botanica® Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen. Not only will it provide broad spectrum protection, it’s also non-greasy, water resistant, and has a great scent.

2. Get Ready for a Close Up

Part of the fun of any formal is spending time getting ready for the big night with friends. You can chat, laugh, style your hair, and of course, do your makeup. Picking the most picture-perfect makeup look is a big task, but a fun one. Luckily, we have a few product recommendations to make that choice a little easier.

Do you have trouble finding eye makeup that won’t irritate your skin? Almay has your back. The Almay Shadow Squad™ Eyeshadow is hypoallergenic, fragrance free, safe for sensitive skin, and still comes in 15 rich shades from neutrals to on-trend colors. Each palette features the same color but in four different finishes so you can create the perfect monochromatic look.

Once your eyes are ready, turn your attention to your lips. With Buxom Cosmetic’s Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick, you will always have the perfect pout! Buxom believes that bombshells rule the world and that bold lips lead to a big, bold sexy life…a perfect sentiment for formal weekend!

3. Lock In Your Look

If you’ve spent hours getting ready, make sure you have products that will keep you looking great while you dance the night away. You don’t want to be held back by frizzy, flat hair or a broken flask. These tips won’t keep you flawless forever, but they should get you through the night.

Bed Head by TIGI is ready to step up your formal hair game. Whether you want your look to be dramatic and voluminous or sleek and straight, Bed Head can help. The Superstar Queen for a Day Thickening Spray helps create volume and texture that lasts, so you can use it to amp up your style to new heights. The Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray can lock in curly or wavy styles for up to 72 hours.

Finally, if something goes wrong or breaks, you can always fix it with Krazy Glue. Krazy Glue has been around since 1973 as one of America’s favorite super-strong, fast-drying adhesives, so you always know it has your back. The All Purpose Singles are perfect for on the go because each tube comes with just enough for one fast fix!

With these essentials in your bag, you’ll be the most prepared girl at formal. Now, all you have to worry about is staying safe and having fun!

Product Photos: Maggie Dunn

Kendall is pursuing a bachelors in journalism and a masters in emerging media in at the University of Georgia. After joining Her Campus UGA in the fall of 2015, she became one of the team's Campus Correspondents in fall 2016. During this time, HC UGA has flourished, moving from the Bronze level all the way to Pink, and it has been selected for national partnerships including the Her Campus Tour in 2018. Kendall hopes to someday work in the intersection of technology and journalism, and she adores books, travel, volunteering, and the color teal.