17 Actors Who Are Way Too Old To Be Playing High Schoolers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Ever wonder why none of the actors playing high schoolers have acne? Or are just generally more attractive than anyone you ever went to school with? Besides good genes, it’s often because they’re a lot older than your average high schooler. The ages listed below are the actors’ ages when their movie or TV show came out (or their current age, if the show is still airing).  Read on to find out how old the high schoolers you see on the screen actually are, youngest to oldest!

Alex Wolff, 22, Jumanji: The Next Level

Tom Holland, 23, Spider-Man: Far From Home

Noah Centineo, 23, To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You

Frankie A. Rodriguez, 23, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

Saoirse Ronan, 23, Lady Bird

Ross Lynch, 24, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Alexa Demie, 24, Euphoria

Natalia Dyer, 25, Stranger Things

Ben Platt, 26, The Politician

Booboo Stewart, 26, The Descendants Trilogy

Gregg Sulkin, 26, Marvel’s Runaways

Cole Sprouse, 27, Riverdale

Ncuti Gatwa, 27, Sex Education

Joe Keery, 27, Stranger Things

Laura Dreyfuss, 31, The Politician

Ashleigh Murray, 31, Riverdale

Jessica Marie Garcia, 32, On My Block

Next time you’re watching your favorite show about high schoolers, you can take some consolation in the fact that they’ve probably had more time to learn what skincare routine works best for them than you did in high school! Plus, they’ve got a team of hair and makeup people⁠—so don’t fall into the comparison trap!

Laura is a fourth-year Communication Studies major with a Spanish minor at UGA. She spent a semester working at Disney and can say with confidence that lovebugs are not as great as the iconic Jonas Brothers song made them out to be.