Entertainment

17 Actors Who Are Way Too Old To Be Playing High Schoolers

Ever wonder why none of the actors playing high schoolers have acne? Or are just generally more attractive than anyone you ever went to school with? Besides good genes, it’s often because they’re a lot older than your average high schooler. The ages listed below are the actors’ ages when their movie or TV show came out (or their current age, if the show is still airing).  Read on to find out how old the high schoolers you see on the screen actually are, youngest to oldest!

Alex Wolff, 22, Jumanji: The Next Level
Tom Holland, 23, Spider-Man: Far From Home
Noah Centineo, 23, To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You
Frankie A. Rodriguez, 23, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
Saoirse Ronan, 23, Lady Bird
Ross Lynch, 24, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Alexa Demie, 24, Euphoria
Natalia Dyer, 25, Stranger Things
Ben Platt, 26, The Politician
Booboo Stewart, 26, The Descendants Trilogy
Gregg Sulkin, 26, Marvel’s Runaways
Cole Sprouse, 27, Riverdale
Ncuti Gatwa, 27, Sex Education
Joe Keery, 27, Stranger Things
Laura Dreyfuss, 31, The Politician
Ashleigh Murray, 31, Riverdale
Jessica Marie Garcia, 32, On My Block

Next time you’re watching your favorite show about high schoolers, you can take some consolation in the fact that they’ve probably had more time to learn what skincare routine works best for them than you did in high school! Plus, they’ve got a team of hair and makeup people⁠—so don’t fall into the comparison trap!

Laura is a fourth-year Communication Studies major with a Spanish minor at UGA. She spent a semester working at Disney and can say with confidence that lovebugs are not as great as the iconic Jonas Brothers song made them out to be.