15 Women’s Empowerment Anthems You Need to Listen to This Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

This month and every month, we celebrate how strong and amazing women are. Sometimes we may run into obstacles or forget that we have the strength to do anything. Whether you are going through a breakup, needing to get pumped to take on a challenge, or just want to remind yourself how great you truly are, listen to these 15 songs and let the lyrics speak for themselves!

I Love Me by Demi Lovato

“Why am I always looking for a ride or die? ‘Cause mine’s the only heart I’m gonna have for life” You gotta love yourself first before giving love to anyone else.

Wasabi by Little Mix

“I can feel you hatin’ on me…I’m glad to be your inspiration…Who, baby, whose (guess who?), The topic of your conversation? I am.” If people are going to talk, let’s give them something to talk about.

Not your Barbie Girl by Ava Max

“Not your Barbie girl, I’m livin’ in my own world; I ain’t plastic, call me classic; You can’t touch me there, you can’t touch my body; unless I say so, ain’t your Barbie, no” 

Diamonds are Forever by Sabrina Carpenter

“I am a diamond, and diamonds are forever. My love is timeless, ’cause diamonds are forever. Oh no; money don’t buy class, and I can’t live quite like that, like that. I am a diamond, and diamonds are forever.” Sometimes we need to be reminded how invaluable we are.

Anyway by Tori Kelly

“I’ll do my own thing and that’s alright. It’s the way I choose to live my life. Whether you leave or stay, this is me any anyway.”

Mother’s Daughter by Miley Cyrus

“My mama always told me that I’d make it…  so I made it” For many of us, our mothers were our first role models. They want the best for us so let’s make them proud.

Do It by Chloe x Halle

“I’m just with my crew, we ain’t out here looking for boo” This song is all about getting ready for a night out and since we are all stuck inside, it makes us feel like everything is back to normal. You know how good you feel when you dress up and go out with your friends? This song will make you feel that way again, and hey, get dressed up for you, even if you aren’t going anywhere! Or get on Zoom with your friends for a virtual happy hour!

Out of the Old by Olivia Rodrigo

“I wanna know, if no one knew my name, would my wildest dreams feel like home?” This song from HSMTMTS is soo good and doesn’t just feel like a song from a soundtrack. Really listen to the lyrics and think about what is stopping you from stepping out of your comfort zone and reaching your wildest dreams.

Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson

“It’s not my fault so please don’t trip. Don’t hate me ‘cause I’m beautiful.” As you are beautiful, everyone is beautiful in their own way so comparing yourself to someone else is pointless. As Keri Hilson says, “jealousy’s the ugliest trait”.

Rockstar 101 by Rihanna feat. Slash

“I’m rocking out tonight, ‘cause I can’t wait ‘til tomorrow. I’ma live my whole life in the night, ‘cause I ain’t got time to borrow.” This song is underrated but is perfect in stereo, so put on some headphones and rock out like no one is watching!

London Bridge by Fergie

“When I come to the club, step aside. Part the seas, don’t be having me in the line.” Another great hype song for a virtual “night out”!

Confident by Demi Lovato

“What’s wrong with being confident?” Need I say more?

Just Fine by Mary J. Blige

“Having a really good time, I’m not complaining; And I’ma still wear a smile if it’s raining; I got to enjoy myself regardless; I appreciate life, I’m so glad that it’s fine”

thank u, next by Ariana Grande

“Plus, I met someone else; we’re havin’ better discussions. I know they say I move on too fast, but this one gon’ last. ‘Cause her name is Ari and I’m so good with that.” Our past experiences may not have gone the way we wanted them to but they help shape us into who we are today. If you are sad about past relationships, this song is what you need to hear because even though people may come and go, we are stuck with ourselves and we should love ourselves first.

I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor

“And I spent oh-so-many nights just feeling sorry for myself. I used to cry, but now I hold my head up high and you see me; Somebody new. I’m not that chained-up little person still in love with you and so you felt like dropping in and just expect me to be free; well, now I’m saving all my lovin’ for someone who’s loving me.” Can’t go wrong with a classic!

We want to hear some of your favorite female anthems! Be sure to tag us on social media if you post any of your favorite songs this month! 

Instagram: @HerCampusUGA

Facebook: @HerCampusUGA

Twitter: @HerCampusUGA

TikTok: @HerCampusUGA

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.