I like wearing makeup just as much as the next girl. There’s nothing like highlighting your favorite features, getting all dolled up and feeling like a showstopper. And yet, what feels even better than that is taking it all off. Though it’s easier said than done, sometimes baring your bare face to the world is empowering and refreshing.
1. Makeup is expensive.
2. You don’t have to cringe when you pull away from a hugging someone and see your foundation smeared all over their shirt.
3. You don't have to worry about getting lipstick on your teeth.
4. You don’t have to reapply lip wear every time you eat and drink anything.
5. You don’t have to endure the stressful process of perfecting penciled in eyebrows. Who has the time to make sure they’re even?
6. You can rub your eyes as hard as you want, and you won’t look like a raccoon afterwards.
7. You can take pictures without worrying about the flash illuminating a potentially obvious change in color around your hairline where your foundation stops.
8. By the end of the night the masterpiece you created will have melted down your face.
9. Dripping eyeliner sucks.
10. You don’t have to wonder if your crush will still think you’re attractive after you take the makeup off. He’s already seen you at your most basic! Seeing your enhanced looks will just make him faun over you even more.
11. You don’t have to worry about breaking out because of your foundations, powders and concealers.
12. You don’t have to accidentally tear your own lashes out during a struggle to separate fake lashes from glue that’s holding them to your real ones. Plus, getting them even across your lash line is always impossible anyway.
13. Removing makeup is the worst especially when you’re intoxicated or exhausted.
14. You have more time to sleep in the mornings.
15. Ultimately, nothing beats the feeling of a fresh face.
Need some inspiration? Go listen to Colbie Caillat’s song “Try,” which is all about girls and women embracing natural beauty.