13 Reasons Why Grey’s Anatomy Had Us Shook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Grey’s Anatomy. It’s the kind of show that you shamelessly binge watch just because every episode has you on your toes. While there have been countless times that we have been emotionally obliterated by Meredith Grey and her adventures, here is a moment from each season that had us shook.

*Spoilers ahead*

1. When Addison Shows Up

After an entire season of watching the undeniable chemistry between Meredith and Derek, Addison’s arrival sent our hearts plummeting to our stomachs when we realize that the MerDer ship would not sail anytime soon.

2. Denny’s Clot

Though Denny was only on the show for a part of the second season, watching Izzie clutch his lifeless body was absolutely heart-wrenching.

3. Burke Leaves Cristina

When the strong-willed Cristina cries, we can’t help but to cry with her. Watching her break down in tears while Meredith cuts her out of her wedding dress after Burke leaves her at the altar felt like a punch in the gut.

4. The House of Candles

Our hearts melted with joy when we saw that Meredith had set up candles by Derek’s trailer. The touching moment confirmed that MerDer was back and better than ever.

5. George O’Malley in the Elevator

While George was rushed into surgery after getting hit by a bus, Izzie temporarily flatlines. We are left speechless when Izzie is about to step off the elevator and she sees George, signifying his death.

6. The Shooting

The shooting came as a huge surprise to all of us. We could feel the terror of Seattle Grace Mercy West as they struggled to survive this horrifying event.

7. Cristina Quit Surgery to be a Waitress

The badass surgeon Cristina Yang had been so traumatized by the shooting from the previous season that she refused to step foot in an ER, causing us to scream at her that she was born to be a surgeon, not a damn waitress!

8. Lexie and the Plane Crash

Though she admittedly plays the role of the annoying little sister at times, Lexie’s death scene had us shaken to our core. Lexie dies holding Mark’s hand and listening to him talk about what a happy life they would have, and it makes a part of our soul wilt as we see life escape her.

9. Mark’s Death

We barely had time to get over the plane crash and Lexie’s passing when we are forced to cope with Mark’s plug being pulled. Although originally an antagonist, we fell in love with his charm and wit and were saddened when he left the show.

10. Cristina Leave Seattle

We all sobbed uncontrollably when the Twisted Sisters were separated. Who else will make snide comments and call Alex “Devil Spawn” now?

11. Derek’s Exit From the Show

Shonda Rhimes tore our hearts out when Meredith had to pull the plug on McDreamy. They had finally found happiness in their family and lives and it all ended at this moment.

12. Callie Loses Custody

The custody battle was not only our farewell to Callie but to her relationship with Arizona as well. The adorable Sofia’s appearances after this began to dwindle, causing us to miss her with all our heart.

13. Megan is ALIVE!!

We were just as stunned as everyone at Grey Sloan during the season finale when they announced that Megan Hunt had been found and was on her way to Seattle. After everything that has happened to Owen, we are just glad that he has his sister by his side now.

Cover photo provided by imbd.com

Gifs provided by giphy.com

Hi! I'm Valerie and I am currently a freshman as a Psychology major. Along with studying and stressing about upcoming exams and assignments, I spend my days binge-watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, and downing coffee like there's no tomorrow. I am the proud plant mom of a cactus named Prickly Paul and a mint named Ralph.