11 Foods and Drinks For the Perfect Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

With the spookiest day of the year quickly approaching, social media has been bombarding us with amazing Halloween costume ideas, hilarious Halloween related videos (and vines) and scary movies left and right. But everyone knows that the one thing that makes Halloween (other than scary movies and trick-or-treating of course) are the spooky Halloween parties. With that being said, a good party needs three things: people, great music and good food. So here is a list of 11 food and drinks to make your Halloween a howl.

1) Mystery Punch with a Frozen Hand

Image Source: Annabelle Breakey/Photodisc/Getty Images

This deliciously frightening mystery punch with frozen hand is super easy to make and has a 10-minute prep time with 6 ingredients. This means it can be a last-minute added fright for all of us late party planners. The best part about this drink is that it is non-alcoholic, so you can drink as much as you want without having to worry about seeing dead people later. Find the recipe here. 

2) Creepy Shirley Temples

Shirley Temples are a classic drink that almost everyone loves, so these creepy Shirley Temples are sure to be a party favorite. The added syringe shot of grenadine is also a nice creative touch; find the recipe here.

3) Sherbet Punch

Image Source: Rita Maas/StockFood Creative/Getty Images

What’s green and red and foams all over? This sherbet punch, which is guaranteed to win over all of you party monsters! Find the recipe here.

4) Brownie Bat Truffles

Never have we wanted to eat bats before now. These brownie bats truffles are surprisingly simple to make and are made with fan favorites, such as Oreos and M&M’s. Find the recipe here.

5) Witch Finger Pretzel Rods

Image Source: 2015 Elizabeth LaBau

I guess we know what happened to the wicked witch now. These scarily realistic witch fingers are made out of pretzel rods, chocolate, almonds, food coloring and green candy coating. Find the recipe here. 

6) Mummy Hot Dogs

Image Source: Becky Luigart-Stayner

It’s amazing what a pair of eyes can do.These cute mummy hot dogs puts pigs in a blanket on a whole new level. Find the recipe here. 

7) Pretzel Pumpkins

Image Source: Elizabeth ​LaBau

These cute pretzels don’t exactly scream scary, but they will make a great party snack. Find the recipe here. 

8) Spooky Halloween Spiderweb Cookies

Image Source: Samantha Merritt

We normally try to avoid spiderwebs, but for Halloween, it’s absurd to not have something covered in spiderwebs. So what better place to have spiderwebs than on your food? Find the recipe here.

9) Ghost Cake Pops

Image Source: Elizabeth LaBau

These ghost cake pops are incredibly simple to make, and you can even make them more interesting by making them mystery ghost cake pops made out of various cake flavors. Find the recipe here. 

10) Halloweeño Jalapeño Popper Mummies

Image Source: The Hopeless Housewife

If you’re the type of person who likes to have some seriously fierce party foods, these Halloweeño Jalapeño Popper Mummies should be the spice of the night, literally. Find the recipe here.  

11) Poison Toffee Apples

Last but not least, we present you with these killer candied apples that put a new spin on an old dessert. We wonder if Snow White would have eaten this apple because we would. Find the recipe here.

While we do hope that none of your food walks, crawls or flies away, we hope that these Halloween themed foods and drinks make your party a little bit more ghoulicious. 

Bre'Ana is an first-year student at the University of Georgia following a Pre-Medicine track. In her free time she enjoys listening to music (if you haven't listened to Rex Orange County you aren't living), binge-watching Netflix originals (highly recommends checking out "Anne with an E" 10/10 show), and attempting to cook.