david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 UGA Date Ideas to FALL in Love With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

As we bid farewell to the blistering heat of summer, we welcome the cool breeze of autumn with open arms. Fall is by far the coziest season ever and gives a perfect excuse to spend more time outside with that special someone where the leaves are changing and everything smells like pumpkin spice. So grab your SO’s hand and get ready to get your fall on at UGA!

1. Picnic at Myers Quad

Photo by Kimberly Mears on Unsplash

One of the highlights of autumn is when the leaves transition into a rainbow of reds, yellows and oranges. What better way to experience that than with this classic date option? Not only is Myers Quad conveniently located on campus, but it is also a large open space, which guarantees that no one will bother you and your partner. So throw some sandwiches and apple cider in a basket and don’t forget to bring a blanket!

2. Washington Farms

Going pumpkin picking always sets the mood for fall. Washington Farms is less than thirty minutes away from Athens and offers a plethora of fall activities such of corn mazes, sunflower fields and of course a pumpkin patch. Spend hours roaming the dirt paths and laughing while tripping over vines when you’re searching for that perfect pumpkin.

3. Football Game

It’s football season! A Georgia game with your partner is a great opportunity to show your enthusiasm and support for your school. The excitement in the crowd gives you a thrill, an adrenaline rush and allows you to not only feel closer to your school, but also to your boo.

4. Go On a Hike

Photo by andrew welch on Unsplash

The cooler weather of autumn is almost like a sigh of relief. The outdoorsy couple will enjoy the solitude of a hike as well as the lack of pesky bugs. Get lost together in Mount Yonah or even one of the many trails at UGA and enjoy the beautiful view and each other’s company.

5. Jittery Joe’s Coffee Date

Spend a Sunday afternoon talking to your SO over a steaming cup of Jittery Joe’s coffee. Not only will the coffee help you feel toasty in the chilly weather, but the comfy seats will make your conversations with your boo worthwhile. Their many locations across campus make it super convenient to have a quick date, too.

6. Carve a Pumpkin and Roast the Seeds

Photo by Beth Teutschmann on Unsplash

Pumpkin carving is one of the most essential Halloween traditions. After picking your pumpkin out, scoop out the seeds and lay them out in the oven to roast for a tasty snack while you and your SO have fun trying to slice through the pumpkin.

7. Movie Marathon

If you’re looking for a cozy night in, pop some popcorn and get ready for a movie marathon. Cuddle with your SO while watching horror films or even cheesy Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown.

8. Zombie Farms

Zombie Farms is one of the only haunted trails in North Georgia, and it’s less than 20 minutes away from main campus. Not only will getting spooked get your adrenaline pumping, but it offers a perfect excuse to jump into your SO’s arms.

9. Roast S’mores

Photo by Autumn Mott on Unsplash

Though s’mores are usually roasted over a campfire, you can make it easier by bringing it in the kitchen. This simple date will be as sweet as s’mores.

10. Visit the Local Farmer’s Market

Nothing screams autumn quite like a farmer’s market. There’s just something about the light scent of cinnamon in the air and a cup of apple cider that always fills your heart with warmth and comfort, so why not share that feeling with your SO? Visit the West Broad Farmer’s Market on a sunny Saturday morning and buy ingredients for a light brunch.

Enjoy your fall dates!

Cover Photo by Brooke Cagle on Unsplash

Hi! I'm Valerie and I am currently a freshman as a Psychology major. Along with studying and stressing about upcoming exams and assignments, I spend my days binge-watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, and downing coffee like there's no tomorrow. I am the proud plant mom of a cactus named Prickly Paul and a mint named Ralph.