10 Great Vegetarian Recipes For Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s almost Thanksgiving and you have a problemyou are a vegetarian and your family, hoping it was just a phase, failed to bring any vegetarian options. Fear not, here are some recipes that you can make yourself or with a family member in time for the holiday feast.

1. Slow Cooker Pot Roast

This recipe not only looks good, but only takes 15 minutes of prep time. It does take 4 hours in the slow cooker, but slow cookers are so low-maintenance you can leave it alone and it’ll be fine.

2. Tarragon Stuffing

Stuffing is arguably one of the best parts of a Thanksgiving dishit can go in turkey or serve alone. This recipe takes a total of 1 hour and 35 minutes of cook time. Note: use a casserole dish instead of stuffing in a turkey.

3. Broccoli-Cheddar Loaf

This recipe doesn’t’t have a stated cook time, but it shouldn’t take longer than two hours. If you feel uncomfortable with the egg in the recipe, feel free to use an egg substitute.

4. Shepard’s Pie

This pie is unlike anything you’ve probably tasted before. The ingredients look rich and the cook time only takes 1 hour and 40 minutes.

5. Feta Cheese Foldovers

Who doesn’t like bread, especially when it’s light, fluffy, and melts in your mouth. This recipe only takes 40 minutes and has a relatively simple recipe list.

6. Caramelized Brussel Sprouts

This very popular item takes a hated childhood veggie and transforms it into something amazing. It is easy to make and takes no more than an hour to do so.

7. Candied Sweet Potatoes

A classic recipe, candied yams will be a tempting option for everyone. The recipe list is simple and takes a total of 1 hour and 50 minutes to cook.

8. Baked Mac n’ Cheese

A childhood favorite unlike brussel sprouts, this baked macaroni and cheese dish will blow the kids table. This recipe only takes 55 minutes to make.

9. Green Bean Casserole

You can’t mention a southern feast without green bean casserole. The famous dish is easy to make and only takes 1 hour and 25 minutes of total cook time.

10. Cauliflower Gratin

Yet another savory dish on this list, cauliflower gratin just might be the one to convert your whole family vegetarian. This simple dish only takes 50 minutes of total cook time.

To all the vegetarian readers out there, have a great Thanksgiving.

Attending freshman at the University of Georgia. Majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.