10 country songs that’ll make you stop hating it

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

We know that country music isn’t everyone’s favorite, but these songs might just make it your next guilty pleasure.

#1: “Loving You Easy” — Zac Brown Band

To kick off my list, I’m going to start with a band that pretty much doesn’t miss. With upbeat songs that are mostly about love, these guys really know how to get people to listen. Whether you’re dancing to this song in your room or listening to boost your mood on a morning walk, Zac Brown might just make you want to love country.

#2 “all your’n” — Tyler Childers

If you begin to notice a trend with the titles, it’s because most of these recommended songs are love songs. What? There’s no shame in it. Especially when the songs are as heartfelt and beautiful as this one. Tyler Childers is an amazing lyricist and has a fantastic voice, and this song is one of my favorites by him. However, I would recommend taking a look at his discography because…WOW.

#3 “Heartache medication” — Jon Pardi

This song is not only upbeat and totally southern, but it just makes you want to dance around a honkey tonk bar with someone that’s really got southern charm! Jon Pardi, in my opinion, is an unsung hero of country music, and I feel like more people should listen to his music. This is my biggest recommendation for his discography, but he’s got some hidden gems. (“Heartache on the Dance Floor” and “Head Over Boots”!!)

#4 “Bartender” — Lady A

This list couldn’t be complete without a killer female vocalist singing about a breakup, right? This song is not only powerful; it’s also FUN. Lady A is a group that knows how to please a crowd. Listen to this song while you’re getting ready, in the car with friends, or even just to feel super cool while dancing around your room.

#5 Zach Bryan (That’s it)

Zach Bryan has a really different sound from a lot of country artists that you’ll typically hear on the radio. He is passionate, has poetic lyricism, and his music is raw. There’re no gimmicks, and he takes you back to the roots of country. I couldn’t just pick one song of his to include in this list, so here’s a link to his newest album instead.

#6 “I don’t want this night to end” —Luke Bryan

This list would be anything but complete without Luke Bryan. I am, however, biased, because I grew up listening to him; this was probably my hardest pick because there’re just so many songs of his that I think could convert even the most extreme country hater. His music is fun, romantic, and a real example of country. If you like this (or started listening when “Country Girl Shake it For Me” blew up on TikTok recently), I highly recommend listening to more songs of his.

#7 “Smoke break” — Carrie Underwood

Everyone knows Carrie Underwood, and almost everyone has belted the words to “Before He Cheats” at LEAST once. I wanted to pick a song that is a little less popular. Carrie’s voice and the general vibe of her music have set the stage for so many other female country artists in the last two decades. I think this one shows you just how killer her voice and reputation are.

#8 “The Fighter” — Keith Urban

Yes, I know Carrie Underwood is the duet partner on this track, but I wanted to highlight the artist the song comes up under. This song is just so fun, and Keith Urban is another artist you probably have heard of before, but just didn’t know it was him.

#9 “I Like it, I love it” — Tim Mcgraw

Now this song has the country sound so many people have grown to hate (not me though). I also couldn’t make this list in good conscience without including at least 1 90s country song, so here you go! This is probably the only song on my list that’s a real guilty pleasure but hey, can you blame me?

#10 “Better Man” — Little Big Town

Had to include a heartbreak song, not every country song is about the good side of love. Little Big Town has vocals that blend so well as well as excellent storytelling. Some people know this song from Taylor Swift’s vault tracks, but I originally know it from LBT!

If you listened to and ended up liking at least one song on this list (which I really hope you do!) you might want to dive deeper into country than you ever thought you wanted to. Not every song is about beer and trucks, I promise.

I'm just a woman with a creative outlet and a passion for writing! Hot people read Her Campus (especially if you read my articles).