10 Apps to help You Have a Better Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Today, technology is everything to us collegiettes. Apps practically run our lives. Getting a new app that actually turns out to be useful is like getting a new pair of shoe; Satisfying! Of course there’s the big three, essential to every collegiette’s social life: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. If you want to have some sort of social life while in college, you’re going to want to have these downloaded onto your phone. But here are ten different apps that are sure to make your semester a little simpler.

1.         Viber (Droids and iPhones)

This app allows you to send FREE text msgs and make FREE calls no matter the distance. Pretty useful for those of you planning to study abroad or have friends studying abroad.

2.         SAM (Droids)

College is pretty stressful in itself. SAM, which stands for Self-help Anxiety Management, is a friendly app that offers a range of self-help methods for people who are serious about learning to manage their anxiety.

3.         My Fitness Pal (Droids and iPhones)

If you’re looking to get fit and keep off the freshmen 15, this fitness app is for you. My Fitness Pal helps to track what you eat so you can make better choices at the dining hall.

4.         DietPoint (Droids and iPhones)

So working out isn’t really your thing. DietPoint allows you to choose from a huge variety of Diets, ranging from fads to healthy eating. This app also helps you keep track of your diet and creates a shopping list of the items you need to ensure success throughout your diet.

5.         Google Drive (Droids and iPhones)

This little gem allows you to virtually take you essays and papers on the go. You can also share documents making group projects a lot easier.

6.         IntelliDrink (Droids and iPhones)

This app keeps you from being “that girl” or “that guy” being hauled away on the ambulance for alcohol poisoning. IntelliDrink helps monitor your drink intake and alerts you when you’re about to reach you BAC level.

7.         Mixologist (Droids and iPhones)

If you’re an aspiring bartender of just like making interesting and tasty drink concoctions, this app is for you.

8.         Everest (iPhones)

Ever made goals only to forget or fail to accomplish them? Well Everest helps you keep track of the goals you make and reminds you of them so that you can actually succeed at meeting your goals!

9.         Bumpin’ (iPhone)

Ever wanted to go Downtown but not sure which bars had the best drink special and the most crowds? Worry no longer, with Bumpin’ you can find out all you need to know before heading out.

10.       hireUGA

Still trying to find a job? You probably want to check this app out. The Career Center has pooled its resources to help YOU find a job. Check out hireUGA for all the latest job listings.

A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter