Wellness > Sex + Relationships

10 Anti-Love Songs to Get Over Your Post-Valentine’s Day Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

If you are one of those thousands, if not millions, of girls out there who had to see all the lovebirds on your Instagram feed during Valentine’s Day while you were at home alone watching Friends for the millionth time, I know how you feel. It’s a year after year occurrence in my life and I have conspired a way to get myself out of the Post-Valentine’s Day blues.

A SICK PLAYLIST! 

Yes, that’s right. Here are 10 anti-love songs to help you get out of your funk.

1. “Cry Me a River”- Justin Timberlake

Has your ex sent you another “wyd” text? Just turn this old jam up and tell that boy “bye”.

2. “So What” – P!nk

I used to jump up and down screaming this song as an 8-year-old who had barely even spoken to a guy but it resonated in my heart then and it still does today.

3. “Love Stinks” – J. Geils Band

The title speaks for itself.

4. “No Scrubs” – TLC

It’s 2018 ladies, we don’t want a guy who think’s he’s fly. He gets no love from us.

5. “We Are Never Getting Back Together” – Taylor Swift

T. Swift once again reminding us that men aren’t worth the time. (Also, can someone explain why the band members in this video are dressed as animals? I’m scared.)

6. “Love On The Brain”- Rihanna

Queen RiRi preaching how we feel about the struggle of love.

7. “Sorry”- Beyonce

“Ashes to ashes, dust to side chicks.”- Beyonce, an icon. (PSA: Don’t cheat on Beyonce)

8. “Too Good at Goodbyes”- Sam Smith

This one is a real doosy. I have to take a moment of silence whenever this song comes on so make sure you are around loved ones while listening to this heartbreaker.

9. “Someone Like You”- Adele

Sometimes you just need to cry to some Adele songs. She feels what we all feel.

10. “Single Ladies” – Beyonce

Last but not least, the single girl anthem. He should’ve put a ring on it.

Well ladies, Valentine’s Day 2018 has been and gone but Valentines 2019 is looming around the corner. Just keep reminding yourselves that we are amazing queens who don’t need a significant other to prosper and know our self-worth!

Cover Photo by bruce mars on Unsplash

Hi, I'm Allie! I'm a Freshman at the University of Georgia from Thomaston, Georgia. If you want to get to know me, I am Disney obsessed and a little stressed constantly. I am also an avid watcher of Friends, Parks and Recreation, and the Office.