This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Tired of going to the same Starbucks or library? Here is how you can support local businesses while getting your daily caffeine fix.

1. Opus Coffee

Gainesville’s very own coffee shop chain offers various locations and environments to study, meet up with friends or just get your daily cup of Joe. The prices are similar to those of Starbucks, but its Strawberry Macha makes it all worth it. Depending on the location, the cafe offers a variety of seating and electrical outlets for those long study sessions. It’s open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day.

2. Coffee Co

If you’re looking for a place that feels like home, CYM Coffee is perfect for you. In this home-turned-coffee-shop, you can find various forms of inside and outside seating and enjoy specialty drinks curated by its very own baristas. It offers a conference room that you can rent out for large group projects or other occasions. It doesn’t only serve coffee and tea but also offers alcoholic beverages and locally made baked goods for when you need a relaxing moment after a long day. Its hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekends. 

3. Concord Coffee:

Located within the Gator Wesley Foundation, Concord Coffee is the trendy, go-to spot to grab a coffee between classes, or to spend a few hours studying before that next exam. Between its ethically-sourced coffee beans and local partnership with Halo Potato Donuts, it has grown to be my favorite meet-up spot to sit, relax and hang out with friends. Although it is located within a church, it is an open and supportive environment where all you’ll get is your daily filling of your caffeine addiction. It’s open every day from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

4. Bay Island Coffee Company:

The small coffee shack is located in Archer Plaza and provides many options in such a small package. Not only does it offer coffee and tea, but it also offers smoothies and milkshakes. It sells a selection of bagels and breakfast sandwiches that are hardy and delicious. Each day it offers a different deal, which makes my college budget appreciative. Although it is only a drive-thru establishment, it still has delicious coffee and always creates a welcoming environment. It’s open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.

5. Gainzville Hub

Located in Downtown Gainesville, this smoothie, post-workout hotspot is different from any other coffee shop. Gainzville Hub specializes in protein shakes, smoothies and coffee. Not only does it offer unique flavors, but the trendy and welcoming environment is the perfect place to stop by with friends and catch up. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekends.

Hello I am Emma! I am a first-year journalism student at the University of Florida. I love sports, reading and watching Gilmore Girls.