Your Guide to the Perfect Lazy Sunday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Sunday is amazing. It’s a day meant for relaxation. You don’t have to go to class, or even worry about socializing. To me, Sundays are best spent at home in pajamas. Here is the recipe for the perfect lazy Sunday.

Sleep In

Don’t wake up earlier than you need to. You wake up early all week. Forget about setting an alarm, and wake up when your body wants to get up. Being able to sleep in is an amazing thing about the weekend. Enjoy it, and go back to bed.

Eat Breakfast in Bed

When you finally do wake up, don’t just jump out of bed and get your day started. Instead, make some breakfast and retreat back to your mattress. Enjoy a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee while watching your favorite Netflix series, or look through your social media feeds. Slowly get ready for your lazy day ahead.

Take a Bath

Baths are one of those great, relaxing things you never have time to do. Today, make time. Fill up the tub, and grab that bath bomb you’ve been dying to use. Better yet, turn on a relaxing playlist or some ambient noise. Just close your eyes, and enjoy yourself.

Do a Face Mask

Face masks can make you feel like a new woman. But during the week, it seems like you never think to do one. For once, treat your skin. If you don’t have one lying around, you can make a simple mask out of household ingredients just by looking up a recipe online.

Watch a Movie

We may watch the occasional television show when we’re bored, but when was the last time you sat through a whole movie? Grab a couple of blankets, and pick out a new movie, or an old favorite you haven’t seen in awhile. Don’t multitask. Just pay attention to the movie, and let your worries float away.

Light a Candle

There’s something about lighting a candle that immediately relaxes you. The natural light just makes your room seem so much more homey. They’re also are a source of aromatherapy. Candles will definitely make your day automatically more calming.

Order Delivery

Don’t even dare retreat from the comfort of your own home. If you hear your stomach rumble, hop on the computer and order something that can be delivered to your door. Avoid traffic or anything else that might stress you out.

Go to Bed Early

Do at least one thing useful with your day: catch up on sleep. Don’t stay up until the wee hours of the night, only to ruin your Monday. Think of Sunday as a detox day, where you mentally prepare for the week ahead.

So, this Sunday, take some time and relax. Be lazy. You deserve it.

Photo Credits:

www.shopstyle.com

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.