#WomanCrushWednesday: Cate Blanchett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

She’s an age-defying, glamorous, multiple Oscar-winning and intelligent feminist, career woman, mother of four and the epitome of style and grace. Who is this miracle our world has been blessed with? Cate Blanchett, that’s who. I have a serious girl crush on her. She is a rebellious queen who tells off reporters for asking sexist questions. She is the style icon of any red carpet. She is the fabulously talented actress who has never been pigeon-holed. She is the queen, and her cheekbones are as high as the level of her majesty. Here’s why we love her.

She’s got flawless dance moves.

She’s not afraid to tell it like it is.

Even when she’s hungry, she’s composed.

She is a boss, and she knows it.

She understands every collegiette’s struggle.

She may have two Oscars, but she stays social-media savvy.

She calls out sexism on the red carpet.

Twice in the same night! She really is an incredible voice for social justice.

And finally, she is glamour.

A role model for all, Cate Blanchett is a gift to society. She is helping revolutionize Hollywood, all while remaining fabulous and true to herself. Who knows, maybe she’ll pick up another Oscar this year for her role in Carol.

Photo Credit: cate-blanchett.com

Nicolle is a third-year Linguistics major at UF. This is her first semester with Her Campus UFL, and she is psyched to be a part of the editorial team. You can usually find her hanging out near the $5 movie bins of your local store. Nicolle enjoys eating burritos, cleaning her kitchen, surfing iwastesomuchtime.com, and complaining about the humidity.