Style

Why Suede Is Your Fall Fashion Go-To (& How to Wear It)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

When I think of fall, I think of chunky sweaters, blanket scarves and warm tones. While fall fashion encompasses all of those things, it can be hard to find the perfect pieces to get in the fall mindset without having to buy a whole new wardrobe. Suede is an awesome choice for upgrading your closet during fall without the hassle of finding more clothes. I’ve listed four suede pieces that you can buy to get into the fall spirit.

Suede booties

Suede booties are a fall essential and a great investment if you are looking for a solid shoe to wear when the weather gets chilly (or in Florida’s case: below 80 degrees). These can be dressed up or down and worn day or night. For a casual look, pair some suede booties with distressed jeans and a light sweater for a comfy and fall-appropriate outfit for class!

Suede skirt

Suede bottoms are a fun way to dress up a casual outfit during sweater weather. A suede skirt is the perfect way to be trendy and cozy at the same time. You can pair a coffee-colored suede skirt with an autumn-toned sweater and some edgy boots. This is a great look for enjoying a hot coffee with friends or just hanging out with family!

Suede overall dress

If you want to elevate your suede game, you can buy a cute overall dress. These are so versatile and fun to add to your everyday style. You can wear a simple graphic tee under them, but you can also pair them with a high-neck fitted shirt and some bold booties. This outfit is Thanksgiving-dinner approved!

Suede jacket

Last but not least, an easy way to buy into the suede trend is to throw on a suede jacket. It’s a fun way to look cozy when the temperature suggests otherwise. You can wear this jacket with a cute t-shirt dress and some over-the-knee boots for a fun, put-together look.

It’s easier than ever to get into the fall spirit by adding suede to your closet. It doesn’t need to overpower your closet, so sprinkling a few pieces here and there can take your fall fashion from dull to trendy!

Hi I'm Bailey! I'm a Jesus loving, coffee drinking 20 something year old college student. I love the Florida Gators, the color navy, and carbs. Follow along while I try to balance school and my love of fashion!