absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Where You Should Eat in Disney World, According to Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

At some point, every theme park-goer has had the struggle of making plans that everybody will like — especially when it comes to deciding on a restaurant. If you find yourself in this predicament while at Disney, one tried-and-true way to decide on a food place is to leave it up to fate. Whether or not you’re a fan of astrology, your signs certainly have their restaurant matches all around Disney. After all, you are what you eat!  

Aquarius:

Satu’li Canteen, Pandora area, Animal Kingdom

You are a progressive and passionate individual. You fight for what’s right regardless of the consequences. If you saw the movie Avatar, you probably related to its profound environmental activism.

Satu’li Canteen’s cuisine is based off the movie Avatar. So, just like the movie (and you), the food is pretty original. Disney really upped its eccentricity with this restaurant, as some of the food options are not your typical menu items. From hamburger pods to tapioca pudding balls, this place is truly something unique and independent, just like you!

I recommend:

This restaurant is partially served in a ‘Create Your Own’ style, so there are no explicit appetizers and entrees. Here are my top three: Roasted chicken with wild rice and grains topped with the garlic herb sauce, Cheeseburger Steamed Pods – Bao Buns and the Shrimp & Noodle Bowl.

Check out the full menu here.

Pisces:

Coral Reef Restaurant, Living with the Seas area, EPCOT

Well, this is not really a surprise. Your sign’s name literally translates into “fish,” and the symbol has two fish swimming in a circle. Obviously, I had to choose the Coral Reef Restaurant for your sign. However, some of your personality traits are present in the restaurant.

Pisces are known to love hidden secrets. The Coral Reef Restaurant is fairly well hidden and has its own little secret.  The restaurant is underwater, so one would think you could see it in the tanks. Actually, this is not true. The restaurant is hidden and blends into the scenery. Restaurant-goers can look out at the beautiful marine life that swim past them and their meals, but if you’re not inside the restaurant, you can’t see the interior.

Pisces signs also typically love anything related to fantasies, which the Coral Reef Restaurant definitely provides. The restaurant’s views and atmosphere (pictured) looks and feels like something out of a dream. It is otherworldly, which is right up your alley.

I recommend:

Appetizers: New England Clam Chowder, Crispy Rhode Island Calamari and Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli

Entrees: Lobster Macaroni & Cheese, Seared Mahi-Mahi and Seared Sustainable Salmon Filet

Desserts: Key Lime Tart, Baileys and Jack Daniel’s Mousse and Angel Food Cake

Check out the full menu here.

Aries:

ESPN Club, Disney’s Boardwalk Hotel

You are the sporty spice of the signs. You are energetic, confident and enthusiastic. Naturally, you will need a high-energy place to eat, whether you are athletic or not. Surprisingly not surprising, Disney does not have any sports bar-themed restaurants in their parks. I guess that’s inappropriate for children? I am not sure. But, there happens to be the perfect place for you on Disney’s Boardwalk, and that is the ESPN Club. It’s the perfect spot to release all that theme-park fueled energy. After eating, maybe you could even hit up the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

I recommend:

Appetizers: Warm Soft Pretzels and Dip, Club Nacho with Shrimp and Loaded Tots

Entrees: Grilled Chicken Sandwich, White Cheddar Pasta and Cheese and Chicken Philly Sandwich

Desserts: Carolina Buttermilk Pie, S’more Bread Pudding and The Big Cheese

Check out the full menu here.

Taurus:

Garden Grille, The Land Pavilion, EPCOT

If you’re in Disney, you are probably a “taurist” to Orlando. Okay, maybe that pun doesn’t work, but it’s the effort that counts. Anyway, if you are Taurus and you are still reading this, you are truly a patient being. Taurus signs are known for their patient, artistic and practical mannerisms. These especially apply when it comes to some favorites of yours: gardening, nature and cooking.

You should definitely “pick” the Garden Grille if you want to accentuate your Taurus side. The Garden Grille is known for its association with the Living with the Land ride, a nature-oriented and gardening-themed ride. Actually, some of the plants and animals harvested in the Land are served to you in the Garden Grille.

This spinning restaurant also appeals to the patient side of you. Patient people look at life in a very calm and relaxed way. This restaurant has a very laid-back ambience to it, as you spin around the ride ever so slowly. It makes you appreciate the ride and planet Earth just a little more. And if you’re a Taurus, this is what you are all about.

I recommend:

This restaurant is family style, so you receive everything they have to offer on the menu. I can’t make any real recommendations here because of this, but I do have a little insider’s tip. Always, always, always get the dessert, despite how full you are. It comes with the price of your meal, and it is usually a Berry Shortcake, but the menu changes almost every six months. Over the years, we have gone well over 10 times, and although the dessert does change, it is usually something related to berries.

Check out the full menu here.

Gemini:

Biergarten, Germany Pavilion, EPCOT

Gemini is the name, and talking is your game! Geminis are known to love talking with others and partying it up. At first I thought Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom would be your perfect “foodestination” (pronounced FOO-DES-TIN-A-SHUN, I swear it will be a word in the dictionary one day), but I was so wrong.

You love meeting new people and developing relationships with others, so you need to go to the Biergarten in the German pavilion at EPCOT. At this restaurant, your inner (or should I say outer) extrovert will shine at the buffet just as much as it will at a table. So, not only can you talk to others while in line for the best Apple Strudel you will ever eat, but you can also take that strudel and sit down with another family full of people you have never met. For some, this might sound terrifying, but for you Geminis, this is probably exhilarating.

I recommend:

Because this is buffet style, it is going to be a little different than a typical restaurant, and I recommend everything. However, there are some personal favorites that stand out from the rest: Spaetzle, Apple Strudel, Wiener Schnitzel, Hunter Sauce and Sauerkraut.

Check out the full menu here.

Cancer:

‘50s Prime Time Cafe, Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Cancer is definitely the most sentimental of the signs. You are probably the most patriotic of your friend group, too. Cancer signs are very reflective on the past and like to be reminded of what they consider to be the good ol’ days. This is why the Prime Time Cafe should be your Disney World go-to.

Not only will the casual and cozy atmosphere remind you of a time you might have dreamt of living in, but the food will offer the same nostalgia. The menu offers comfort food like fried chicken, pot roast and lasagna at stereotypical ‘50s-home kitchen counters. Fried chicken, mac and cheese and a day at the Disney parks will definitely get you feeling like a kid again.

I recommend:

Appetizers: Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese, Chicken Noodle Soup and Beer-Battered Onion Rings

Entrees: Dad’s Stuffed Pork Chops, Mom’s Old-Fashioned Pot Roast and Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken

Desserts: Dad’s Favorite Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layered Cake, Traditional Warm Apple Crisp and Mom’s Brownie

Check out the full menu here.

Leo:

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater, Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Neon lights? Check. Theater? Check. Creative theme? Check. You’re booking reservations now? Check.

This place screams Leo. As a Leo, you love anything that is bold and stands out from the rest. This restaurant definitely sticks out on this list for its truly unique dining experience. If you’ve ever wanted to go on a date at a drive-in theater but couldn’t because they died out in the early 2000s, here is your actual chance to do it! The dining experience involves being seated at what looks like an old drive-in theater from the 1950s. There are bold neon lights coming from the entrance and the “kitchen” in the back.

As you are seated, you notice your car is a 1957 Chevy, debuting  a variety of different and bold colors. Seated in your car, you start to look up and notice an array of old movie promos and commercials that get you singing along in no time at all. Your cute date idea? Boldly accomplished in the 21st century.

I recommend:

Appetizers: Sci-Fi Appetizer Sampler, Shrimp and Crab Fondue and Sci-Fi Wedge Salad

Entrees: Sci-Fi Barbeque Platter, Buffalo Chicken Salad and Smoked Prime-Rib Sandwich

Desserts: House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar, S’mores and Brownie Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sundae

Check out the menu here.

Virgo:

Homecomin’, The Landing area, Disney Springs

Possibly my favorite on this list, Homecomin’ is definitely the hotspot for Virgos. Virgos are known for being organic signs, so natural and organic food is the way to go. Although Homecomin’ is not organic, it is farm-to-table, which most Virgos and their families love. Homecomin’ gets all of its food from local farmers surrounding the Orlando area. Not to mention, the restaurant itself is adorable and feeds into the Virgo aesthetic. It looks like a farmhouse kitchen — a real southern icon. In this kitchen, you will feel like you are coming home to mom’s cooking!

I recommend:

Appetizers: Auntie Mae’s Chicken Dumpling Soup, Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes and Church Lady Deviled Eggs

Entrees: Fried Chicken & Donuts, Art’s Famous Fried Chicken and Chopped Pork Barbeque Plate

Desserts: Hummingbird Cake, Doughnuts and Hamilton County Pecan Pie

Check out the full menu here.

Libra:

Le Cellier Steakhouse, Canadian Pavilion, EPCOT

Libras are stereotypically very kind people. I had to think about this one for you, as ‘kind’ does not really describe any restaurants. As I did more research, I discovered libras are also very peaceful, diplomatic and enthusiastic about the outdoors. I thought long and hard, and I came to realize you are the Canadians of the zodiac world, who are also generally very kind, diplomatic and love the outdoors. The restaurant that you should check out is definitely Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canadian Pavilion in EPCOT.

Although you’re not soft-spoken, you can be a softie. The atmosphere of Le Cellier matches that well with its subdued colors and decorations. If you really want to accentuate your Libra sign on your next Disney trip, I highly recommend you visit here.

I recommend:

Appetizers: Prince Edward Island Mussels, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and From the Larder

Entrees: Brown Butter-Basted George’ Bank Scallops, Cornbread-stuffed Half Chicken and Le Cellier Filet Mignon

Desserts: Chocolate Maple Yukon Bar, Warm Pecan-Brown Butter Tart and Chocolate Mousse Maple Leaf

Check out the full menu here.

Scorpio:

Around the Food and Wine Festival, World Showcase, EPCOT

Brave people rarely opt for the normal path. As a scorpio, you are a combination of brave and resourceful, so the traditional restaurant route is not for you. You like to lead the way, and at EPCOT’s annual Food and Wine festival, you can lead your group around the entire park. You can be brave by eating at some of the food stands, most of which you would never try if they were full-sized restaurants. (I recently tried the Thailand food stand and really enjoyed it.)

You can also be resourceful, as these mini plates are at most $8 each. Most of them are in the $6-$7 range, which can really help out your wallet. This festival only comes once a year, though, so do not miss it!

I recommend:

I love so much from the festival so I’m just going to suggest booths: Italy, Japan, Coastal Eats, Islands of the Caribbean, Canada, Germany, Hawai’i, New Zealand, Greece and Thailand.

For more information, click here.

Sagittarius:

Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen, Adventureland, Magic Kingdom

AKA the best sign. Okay, maybe I’m a little biased as I am a die-hard Sagittarius myself, but that just means you can take my suggestion more seriously. Trust me when I say the Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen is our aesthetic come to life. We represent the spontaneous and adventurous sign, and our aesthetic matches our personality.

The Skipper Canteen is known for its unique Asian flare matched with what one of my best friends calls “an old adventurer’s club-style restaurant.” We like our food like we like ourselves — there’s the Sagittarius ego. My favorite part? The interior reminds me of Charles Muntz’s blimp in UP (sadly without all the dogs, though). If you are looking for some adventure in Adventureland, then by centaur, check this place out.

I recommend:

Appetizers: Shiriki Noodle Salad and S.E.A Shu Mai

Entrees: Sustainable Fish, “Hardy Har Char” Pork, “Taste Like Chicken” Because it is! and Perkins Thai Noodles

Desserts: Quick Sand!!! and Kungaloosh!

Check out the full menu here.

Capricorn:

Cinderella’s Royal Table, Magic Kingdom

Traditions keep families going. That’s what Capricorns typically believe. If you are a Capricorn looking to start a family or friend tradition at Disney World, what better place to start or end your trip than at Cinderella’s Royal Table? Why this restaurant? Well, it is located in the icon of Disney World itself, Cinderella’s Castle. The best part about Cinderella’s Royal Table is that Cindy makes an appearance. Having her in your photo makes the trip (and your wall) a little more magical. Keep your traditions alive by coming here every time you go with the same people.

I recommend:

Appetizers: Charcuterie Plate

Entrees: Braised Pork Shank, Beef and Shrimp and Pan-Seared All Natural Chicken

Desserts: Lemon Sorbet, The Clock Strikes Twelves and Jaq & Gus

Check out the full menu here.

Have a magical time! Share your Disney food finds with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook: @HerCampusUFL.

Christina Pugliese is a sophomore majoring in telecommunications and history with a minor in women's studies at the University of Florida. She loves traveling and learning, so it didn't surprise anyone that she wanted to be an investigative reporter. She has told stories from many different cities, and she wants to tell more! This planet has so many unique experiences to offer, and she needs to experience them all. When she is not traveling, you can find her volunteering, shopping, writing, discussing politics, or planning her next trip.