Where You Should Be Going for Spring Break 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

As a busy college student, time truly flies. Now that it’s already February, spring break is going to be here before we know it. If you want to plan a fun trip with your friends, now would be the perfect time to start thinking about where you want to go. Through my experiences and research, I have found several places that would have fun things for you and your friends to have a great time for spring break. No matter what kind of trip you want to have, there’s a perfect place for everyone. Most people head straight for the beaches, and there are definitely many places around Florida that are perfect if that’s what you’re looking for, but if you don’t prefer sand-covered everything, there are plenty of other places to visit.

Florida Destinations

These beach destinations in Florida all have a different vibe to them to help you find the one perfect for you. There’s a big difference in the type of vacation you’ll have at each of these places. Some of these destinations provide a more relaxing environment, while others are livelier with a more traditional college spring break vibe. Also, if you are looking to be on a budget for your spring break trip, going somewhere in Florida can save you money on travel, which is always a major benefit.

Marco Island, Florida

From my experience traveling to different places around Florida, this is definitely one of my favorite places. This city is located in southwest Florida. I have visited this location several times to vacation, and it would also be a great destination for a spring break trip. The island can be very relaxing while also having a lot of fun activities for you and your friends. If you want to just relax over the break, you can lay out on the beach or the pool. But if you don’t like the beach, there are other great activities. For example, some of my personal favorites is taking a sailboat to visit some of the other small islands around the area and a lot of times you can see dolphins in the ocean at this location. If you are looking for a more relaxing spring break, this would be the perfect fit for you.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I’m from Fort Lauderdale, so I know a lot about the area, and it is a common place for spring break because of the beaches, as well the restaurants. You have the benefit of miles of beach area with plenty of different restaurants that will have any kind of food you could crave.

Miami, Florida

Miami is another spring break capital, and it is definitely worth the hype. South Beach is one of the best places to go if you are going to spend spring break in this city. The area is lively and always partying. The beaches are always fun, but there’s also the Versace mansion and going to one of the many popular restaurants, such as the Sugar Factory, which are frequented by celebrities. 

Other Destinations

There are plenty other destinations outside of Florida, however, you will have to spend a little more money to go to one of these places. If you love to travel though, I would definitely recommend one of these for your trip.

Bahamas

If you want to go to a fun beach destination outside of Florida, it’s almost cliché to say the Bahamas. But it’s is close to Florida, so you wouldn’t need to travel too far. The water in the Bahamas is absolutely beautiful and there are so many fun excursions in Nassau for you and your friends, like Atlantis on Paradise Island.

Chicago

From the Navy Pier with its huge ferris wheel to the John Hancock building that gives you a full view of Chicago from the 94th floor, you’ll be busy the entire week.

New York

New York is definitely on the more expensive side for a trip, but it is super fun if you love sightseeing. New York is beautiful and there are plenty of places to shop, party or just see because you’ve been dreaming of the Big Apple for years.

These destinations should help you to find the perfect destination for you and your friends, so that you can have the best trip for your 2020 spring break!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.