What’s The Buzz About Bumble Bizz?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Swipe right, swipe left, swipe up to check out their photos, and hope for a match. This is the process millennials use to find their catch in a sea of people.

The popular millennial dating app Bumble has introduced a new feature called Bumble Bizz — “Bumble, for Business.” With this new feature, the previous notion of using dating apps to find love has expanded to finding friendships, and even a career.

Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe was inspired to create the business-related extension after looking at data that quantified the overwhelming success from the app’s dating and BFF features, according to her recent talk at the Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit.

Bumble Bizz is an extension to the existing Bumble application that allows its 21 million users to upload their professional portfolios and resumes in a way that could make sites such as LinkedIn, a thing of the past.

Users can also upload skills and have a small bio similar to a resume objective that pop up with their photo. Bumble automatically filters through the photos users already have on their profile and omits the ones with other people in them which takes the guess work out of creating two profiles.

Though Wolfe aims to market the feature to millennials, young graduates entering the workforce and people switching careers; many people including existing bumble users are hesitant to jump on board.

Bumble user and millennial Theo “Literally didn’t even know that existed,” when asked about the business feature of Bumble.

Will more people be buzzing about how awesome Bumble Bizz is? Or wishing Bumble Bizz would buzz off?

Cayela is a junior at the University of Florida studying Journalism and costume design. She has a passion for street style, sewing and empowering others. She loves to write fun, well-researched articles with a focus on social justice. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @cayecuev
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.