alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Your Grocery Store Choice Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you’re like me, you’ve got your go-to place for one of the most important things in your life: groceries. This is the place you’ll always hit up first to buy whatever it is you’re looking for. Whether you’re a die-hard Lucky’s customer or a Publix fanatic, where you do your groceries says something about your personality. We’ve compiled a list of the most common grocery stores that University of Florida gals love to shop at and determined what it says about your personality. Here’s what your favorite grocery store choice reveals about the true you.

Publix
You’re fully aware of the fact that you’re a broke college kid, but you refuse to sacrifice your lifestyle even when you’re away from home. When you’re feeling thrifty, you’ll rummage through those BOGO bins at the front of the store, but otherwise you’re trying to get a taste of home while away at school. You’re the type of girl who watches HGTV and has got her life all planned out, and you’re not afraid to admit it.

Lucky’s Market
This one is for the Whole Foods lover within all of us. Lucky’s is basically a more rustic, budget-friendly version of our favorite health-conscious store. Chances are if you shop here you’re also the type to spend your days at the local coffee shop sipping lattes while working on your novel. You value environmentally friendly products, but you’re not made of money. You also know that this place is a hidden gem when it comes to grabbing something out of their deli for lunch.

Walmart
If you shop here, you’re pretty much on the path to becoming a soccer mom or PTA president. Coupons and savings make your heart skip a beat, and for you there’s no better rush than coming in under budget during your shopping trips. You’re frugal as hell, and you don’t care who knows it. For you, shopping here means more money to blow on anything else you want.

Trader Joe’s
You’re a vegetarian and a sustainability studies major, and you obsess over how cheap everything here is. When you’re shopping at TJs, nothing makes you happier than knowing you’ll walk out with a cart full of stuff for only 50 bucks. You’re into the hipster scene, and you love that local artists painted the murals on the walls. You live for the fact that Trader Joe’s decor changes with the seasons, and you most definitely were one of the first to buy your pumpkins as soon as October rolled around.

Fresh Market
This is the crème de la crème of all the grocery stores in Gainesville and for good reason — this place is expensive. Buying your groceries here is the equivalent of being Blair Waldorf in college, except for the fact that we know Blair would never shop for her own groceries. To say you enjoy the finer things in life is a serious understatement. You lead the lavish lifestyle we all one day hope to lead. In essence, you are who I want to be when I grow up. I seriously commend you.

Being that we’re right in the middle of the semester, the fact that any of you ladies are making it to the grocery store instead of just eating out every day deserves some praise. I hope this article provides some well-deserved stress relief. Good luck with the second round of exams, collegiettes!