What Your Favorite Gainesville Brunch Spot Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

One of the best things about living in Gainesville is the diverse brunch options we have. As an avid breakfast food fan, I have frequented many of them and they all have their own unique vibe. What your favorite dining location is can say a lot about you as a person, so here’s a little take on what your Gainesville brunch fave says about you.

Bagels and Noodles

Most likely, you’re a freshman or you live on campus, since Bagels and Noodles is the best breakfast place within walking distance of campus. You probably party a lot and then roll out of bed on Saturday morning, eager for some Special With Meat or a steaming bowl of Pho (trust me, it’s a great hangover cure). You’re the kind of person to make-last minute plans and probably procrastinate on school assignments more than you should. Whoops! You keep late hours — late to bed, late to rise. But you’re dependable when it comes to your best buds and your friends know they can turn to you when they are in need.

Peach Valley Café

Brunch is, like, your absolute favorite thing. Your Instagram is full of picture with you and your #squad, pretty food and your latest craft projects. You secretly love a little drama (even if you’re involved — sometimes, especially if you’re involved) and definitely love to catch up on gossip. Your social media feed can get a little catty with subtweets, but if someone comes for your best friends, you’re sure to defend them with all your might. Your heart is big and you just want to spend time with the people you love the most!  

The Flying Biscuit Café

You’re a little quirky. Sometimes you use your off-beat sense of humor to cover up your insecurities. You’re probably really into memes and enjoy posting on the UF Meme Page. You make a lot nihilistic jokes and you probably should go to the gym more often, but that’s not something you outwardly worry about. You have a bit of a hard time figuring out who you are on the inside and sometimes you wonder if there is anyone beneath this outer shell you’ve constructed for yourself. You’re valid, Flying Biscuit fan.

43rd Street Deli 

You fly under the radar and are either a true Gainesville native or just have an eye for places that aren’t quite mainstream yet. You’re probably on the quiet side, but you love having deep conversations with your friends while diving into your “One Heck of a Mess.” You like bands that no one’s really heard of yet, listening to music on cassette, and lament about the gentrification of Midtown. Your car’s a bit of a mess, but you’re great at parallel parking and your friends always marvel at how you really just “get them.”

Metro Diner 

You live for football season — and basketball season, and baseball season. Heck, you’re just a tried and true Gators fan, no matter the sport, no matter the season. You proudly wear your orange and blue garb. You can trace your Gator lineage way back and whenever your parents come to visit, you make sure to grab some breakfast at good ol’ Metro Diner. You have been called a bit aggressive in the past, but you never back down from a challenge and have a great sense of who you are. 

Leonardo’s 706

You have a penchant for the finer things in life. Some people may call you snobby, but really, you just have high standards. You enjoy treating yourself and the people in your life. You have a tight circle of friends — not super large, but with a handful of people you’re really close to and will do anything for, though you keep a rotation of fringe friends. You always have plans on the weekends. You know what you want out of life and you go for it.

Is your favorite GNV brunch spot missing from the list? Comment below and let us know!

Petrana Radulovic is a senior studying English and Computer Science. She hopes to be a writer someday and live in the Pacific Northwest, where she will undoubtedly divide her time between sipping coffee at a local café and sipping coffee in her living room, working on her latest story. She enjoys singing when she thinks she’s the only person at home, obsessively watching America’s Next Top Model, and wearing all black no matter what the weather. In her future, she sees many cats and many books and many mugs. She is currently the Senior Editor for HerCampus UFL, but writes the occasional article because she can't help herself. This is her sixth semester with HerCampus.