This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Tinder is a pretty hot topic right now, but you swore you’d never get one until you were at least 38 and desperate. But wait everyone else is doing it. The app is just a joke… Right? Not necessarily! Here’s what happens when you use Tinder, as told by some of our favorite characters and celebrities:

The curiosity kills you. After you’ve convinced yourself you’re not pathetic for giving into peer pressure, you finally download Tinder on your phone.

The little ember starts to flare as the app loads, and you think to yourself, ‘What did I just get myself into?’

You set up your profile, shamefully picking your most attractive Facebook photos.

Then you begin. Your first potential match appears.

You see your mutual friends. This is so creepy. You could totally look these people up in real life. This is too much.

But you keep going because of the funny bios and photos.

But then you start seeing some stuff that’s just… weird.

Then you get disgusted when boys post endless pictures of their trophy kills: dead deer, hogs, birds, sharks, stingrays, and even squirrels.

And fish pictures. So. Many. Fish. Pictures.

But you finally see someone halfway decent…

And it’s a match! Wow. You feel a little confidence boost. Some complete stranger actually likes you back?

So you wonder who else you’d match with and decide to keep playing.

The process becomes tedious, and you want to get to the hotties already, so you start nope-ing candidates at a fast pace.

Then, because you’re swiping left so fast, you accidentally reject the sexiest human being you’ve ever seen. Where on earth is the undo button?!

But, you must keep calm and swipe on.

And then you see someone you know in real life. You start freaking out and instinctively delete Tinder right away. You’re so done with this.

But when someone brings it up in casual conversation, you get the itch to download it again.

And so it begins.

You start to notice people from the app while going out or walking to class. They’re everywhere!

But Tinder is now just a part of life. Next, you hear your friend’s bestie’s roommate’s brother is going on a Tinder date, and your neighbor is in a relationship with a guy she met on the app. So is this socially acceptable now?

Maybe you should start taking it seriously.

Nope, it’s just a hook-up app, and that’s all it’ll ever be. You’re just there for the laughs. Right?

You continue using the app in new cities, widening the age range and vicinity. But you’re sad when you run out of options, and you frequently check back for more. No more shame.

You’re all giddy when a new batch of bachelors appears on your phone. You realize this pastime is becoming more than a guilty pleasure. Face it, you’re addicted.

Marisa Ross is a proud Gator alumna from the University of Florida's College of Journalism, where she had the privilege of working with the UFL chapter of Her Campus as a writer, blogger, and editor. Shortly after graduating in 2015, she spent some time abroad teaching English in Madrid, Spain, and voluteering with the press team for the Rio 2016 Olympics. Currently, Marisa resides in South Florida and is thrilled to be a part of Her Campus yet again, this time as the Branded Content Specialist for Integrating Marketing with the national team. In her free time, she stays active by training for races, playing volleyball, and doing anything outdoors or on the water. And if she's not daydreaming about her next travel itinerary, she's probably embarking on a cultural adventure to explore new cities, cuisines, and activities.
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.