photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Wednesday Wisdom: Why November Should be a Month of Kindness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Tuesday, November 8 was one of the most highly anticipated Tuesday’s of the year. Some people rejoiced, others were not so happy, but one thing everyone can agree on is that this was one of the most historical elections to date.

For many of us, like myself, it was our first time voting. We had to pay extra attention to who our candidates were and what their characters represented. Through several interesting presidential debates, massive campaigning from both ends of the spectrum and endless media coverage across America, the 2016 presidential election is truly one that will be forever etched into the memory of the nation. America waited anxiously on the edge of their seats as the polls began to close and anxiousness ran into the crack of dawn.

At around 3 a.m., the new president of the United States was announced. As with every coin, there are two sides. One side was happy, while the other was not. Soon, riots broke out as citizens exercised their first amendment right of free speech, and even across school campuses voices from both sides could be heard.

Unfortunately, students in different campuses are reporting harassment, being attacked and even being disrespected. Our very own Turlington had a protest filled with opposing sides. As a Gator, it’s important to do your part and reach out to your peers and let them know that they are safe no matter what. As a UF nation, we need to emphasize the importance of kindness this month and extend our warmth to anyone who might be in need of it, whether your views are different from them or not.

Photo Credit: pexels.com

Attending one of the best Universities out there. Majoring in advertising with a passion for Reading, Writing, Traveling and making a difference.