#VSxBalmain: What You Need To Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Victoria’s Secret has recently announced their collaboration with the French fashion house, Balmain. Yes, Balmain — the one that the Kardashians and Jenners are always wearing!

Victoria’s Secret posted some pictures on their Instagram on October 4, hinting about the collaboration as one of the pictures read, “Balmain loves VS.” Another announcement posted on Instagram showed a date: 11.29.17. This can only mean one thing: shoppable pieces of the collaboration will be on sale the day after, according to Teen Vogue.

Brian Atwood has blessed us with his designs for the show’s shoes before, but this is the first-time Victoria’s Secret has invited a fashion house to help with designs for their famous and long-awaited annual fashion show, which will be in Shanghai this year.

If you are familiar with Balmain, you can expect the collection to have strong female silhouettes, Rococo style and intricate embellishments and muted colors mixed with metallics. Balmain’s designs don’t stray too much from what is usually expected of Victoria’s Secret’s designs: sexy, body-hugging and lacy lingerie.

Many of Balmain’s pieces have been flaunted on the red carpet by multiple celebrities. For example, all the Kardashians and Jenners, Sienna Miller, Chrissy Teigen, Alessandra Ambrosio, Jourdan Dunn, Jared Leto, Elizabeth Olsen and the list goes on.

Details of the collection’s pieces are expected to be kept secret until the fashion show airs on November 28 on CBS. (Victoria really does have a secret, huh?) Let’s binge-watch the fashion show one day and shop the next one, ladies!

What are your thoughts about this upcoming collaboration? What do you hope to see at this year’s infamous VS fashion show? Let us know in the comments below!

Kimberly is a Puerto Rican native while temporarily located in Gainesville. She is double-majoring in Journalism & Graphic Design. She likes to drink tea and coffee (not in that order), as well as fantasize about her future life in NYC or London. You can find her reading the news or watching crime/murder documentaries on Netflix.