This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Oxblood — the most popular color of fall — is back. From leather jackets and oversized sweaters to shorts, tights and scarves, items of clothing in all shapes and sizes are coming in shades of burgundy this season. Oxblood, burgundy, maroon — call it what you want, but one thing’s for sure: You can find tons of Gator fashionistas rocking this color one way or another.

What I love most about this trend is it doesn’t necessarily have to be worn as an article of clothing. Amp up your look with striking burgundy lips (check out MAC’s Diva lipstick!) or burgundy nails! I spotted this collegiette on Turlington Plaza rocking burgundy shorts paired with printed lace tights and combat boots. Read on to learn more about her style and outfit.

Name: Marcy Maycock Age: 19Year: freshmanMajor: health scienceWhere is your outfit from? “My button-down shirt is from Hollister; my tights, shorts, necklace and bangles are from Forever 21; and, my boots are from Calvin Klein.”What are your favorite places to shop? “I love Urban Outfitters, H&M and Forever 21.”How would you describe your style? “I would say really perky and fun and flirty but not over the top.”What do you prefer more: fall fashion or spring/summer fashion? “I like spring fashion more because I love colors.”Your fashion inspirations/icons? “Beyoncé.”What is your favorite fall trend? “I love tights! I think the different designs like the ones I have on now are so cute. They can give any outfit the perfect fall look.”