The Ultimate Ranking of Thanksgiving Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Out of all 365 days, one day of the year stands out among the rest: Thanksgiving. Sure, other holidays have legendary food like birthday cake or hams on Christmas and Easter, but Thanksgiving has so many more foods that stand out. After a very scientific and point-based rating from several world-class judges, here is the official ranking of all Thanksgiving feast foods.

1. Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie is the reason I wake up every morning. Who knew that such an ugly vegetable could create such an amazing dish? It’s very difficult to get this one wrong. The hardest part is saving room for pie after the rest of your meal…

2. Stuffing
When you think about it, stuffing is simply bread with a hodge podge of other ingredients, but for some reason it’s just so delicious. There are also a billion recipes for it. I prefer my dad’s stuffing to any other kind, but since it’s his ~secret recipe~ you can try this one instead.

3. Turkey
As a vegetarian, it kind of kills me a little to put turkey on here, but I’ve been told that it’s kind of the main dish at Thanksgiving. And considering how nuts people go over turkey legs at Disney, it must be somewhat delicious.

4. Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a little piece of heaven delivered to your fork. They are so creamy and buttery, and everybody knows they secretly enjoy creating the perfect pool to pour gravy into.

5. Cranberry Sauce
I personally prefer the kind that comes in a can, but I guess the fresh homemade kind is alright, too. It’s so sweet that you’re kind of in awe that it’s an acceptable side dish.

6. Sweet Potato Casserole
Only Americans could think it’s okay to put marshmallows on top of a vegetable, but I’m not complaining! This is always the dish that no one makes enough of so no one gets seconds. Or maybe it’s just that everyone’s first servings are too generous. Either way, you can try this recipe and maybe make extra this year.

7. Green Bean Casserole
Maybe it’s just me, but I go nuts over a good green bean casserole. You get the creamy dreamy-ness of the beans and the sharp crunch of fried onions. Why settle for boring steamed green beans when you can try a dish with 10 times more calories?

8. Bread Rolls
Normally I follow the philosophy that the more carbs the better, but let’s be honest, you can have rolls at any old meal. For some reason you always end up grabbing a roll and scarfing it down anyways, even though it just takes up valuable room in your stomach.

There it is, ladies and gentlemen — your definitive ranking of all the Thanksgiving faves. Enjoy your feast tomorrow, collegiettes, and happy Thanksgiving!