UFashion: Spring Trends To Look Forward To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I’m beginning to wonder if I truly live in the Sunshine State after all the cold weather we’ve been bombarded with lately. I suppose while we wait, we can always warm up a little with thoughts of warmer months and the cute new outfits that come along with them. It’ll still be a little while until we can permanently pack away our coats for the season, but it’s never too early to look forward to what kind of trends await us once spring officially arrives. Here’s a small preview of what to expect:

Full Skirts This is a piece that will instantly flatter any body type by bringing attention to the waist and hiding any tummy you may want out of sight. Tuck in a tighter-fitting top to even out the bottom heavy look, or expose some skin with a crop top instead.

Pastels We have nice colors to look forward to once we emerge from the cold. Ranging from bubblegum pink to mint greens, this is one trend that never grows old in the spring.

High-waisted Shorts There’s no better way to take advantage of warm weather than to show some leg. Since the rise is higher, they instantly make your legs look miles long.

Metallic This trend is usually reserved for pieces that are more nighttime friendly, but don’t let that stop you from donning a metallic piece when the sun is up to create an impactful outfit. If you prefer to keep your outfit a little less attention grabbing, opt for a metallic accessory instead like a clutch.

Fringe You’ll be hard to miss with the extra movement in your outfits courtesy of this trend. You can choose to incorporate the look with something as bold as a fringed shirt or something as subdued as a small cross-body purse.

Stay warm until temperatures start rising again, collegiettes™!

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.