UFashion: Comfy and Cozy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Stay comfy and cuddly this winter with day or night knitwear. Accessorize your knits with thick jewelry like bangles to create a chic ensemble or dress down a chunky sweater with a pair of leggings and boots for ultimate comfort.

Typically, when wearing thick knits, looking bulky and unfashionable is a serious concern. To avoid this, pair the knit with a piece of tight clothing. For longer and looser shaped knits, add a belt around the wait for structure (this creates a longer silhouette).

Taller girls should aim for longer pieces, while shorter girls should try to find a knit that cuts right below the hip. Incorporate casual-chic knitwear into your business wardrobe by adding a cardigan to a button-up blouse and long trouser. However, if you’re feeling a little lazy and just want to snuggle up, try a cable sweater. The detail on the sweater is enough so no accessories are needed!

Warning: When washing chunky knits, reshape them and dry them flat to maintain the original shape.

Take it from this UFashionista: owning a few solid knitwear pieces will keep you warm and fashionable over winter!

(Photo of Chandler Rogers, UF freshman majoring in special education.)