This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

As the weather grows colder and the humidity lessens, fall is the perfect time to try out new hairstyles without worrying about frizz and sweat. There are so many styles to try, from playing with hair colors to testing a loose braid. Here are some trendy ideas to consider.

Try out some new colors

Changing your hair color may seem like a drastic change, but it can definitely help to spice up your look for the cooler months. Going to a hair salon is always fun, but if you’re on a budget, there are easy ways to change your hair color at home. You just have to find what works for you. I found some cheap and easy products for you to try out.

Warm reds

Going for a red hair color is definitely more of a drastic change, but you’ll be the walking image of fall with hair like autumn leaves. The Keracolor Color + Clenditioner is a great option that can be found at Ulta Beauty. It is also not a permanent change, so you don’t have to worry about messing up your hair. You can put this product on in the shower and keep applying it until you get the brightness that you love, which makes the application process very easy.

Keracolor Color + Clenditioner ($22)

Come to the dark side

If you have a lighter hair color, you can switch to a darker shade and achieve the autumnal witchy vibes of your dreams. This is very easy to do, and you can buy brown or black hair colors anywhere from Walmart and Target to Ulta and Sally’s. The one that I found to be the best is the John Frieda hair color because the foam application makes it a lot easier than having to apply the color onto your own hair.

John Frieda Precision Foam Colour ($11.92)

Ombré blends

Ombré hair is also a very popular option that a lot of people love to do for fall. The one thing about ombré hair that makes it a little harder getting this look at home is trying to make sure it blends well, but it is possible with the L’Oréal Paris Ombre Hair Color kit. This allows you to get this look without worrying about spending a fortune at a hair salon.

L’Oréal Paris Feria Ombre Brush-On Hair Color ($8.99)

Try out some new styles

Be messy

The great thing about the messy bun is that it makes your hair look cute while also being almost effortless. All you need is a hair tie and some hair spray to apply where needed. The hair ties I’ve found to work best for the messy bun look are the thinner ones because they aren’t too tight on your hair, which makes it to achieve a messy bun. If you have any stray hairs, it’s very easy to fix with the Tresemme Hair Spray that you can buy from Ulta; just apply a little bit and your messy bun will look perfectly imperfect.

Scunci No Damage Elastics – 2mm ($3.99)

Tresemme Compressed Micro Mist Smooth Hold Hair Spray ($6.49)

Get braiding

There are so many braids to choose from — French, fishtail, Dutch. Loose braids are always fun for fall, and all you need to do is pull at the twists a little so they look less neat. Braids get harder to do the shorter your hair is, but you can always try a milkmaid braid look, too!

Scrunchies are back

Scrunchies always add something to a basic hairstyle. Some great scrunchies that you could use to fit your fall style could be velvet scrunchies, like the ones sold at PacSun. These will look great with your outfits while also keeping your hair looking super cute.

LA Hearts Velvet Scrunchie Pack ($12.95)

I hope these options help you to find your favorite hairstyles for this fall so you can look trendy and cute all season long!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.