The Top 5 Taylor Swift Music Videos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Taylor Swift is the undeniable queen of music videos (sorry, Kanye). Here we’ve compiled a list of our favorites from all the way back to her first album up until today.

1. “Blank Space,” 1989When the video dropped for “Blank Space,” both fans and opponents of Taylor Swift were surprised and impressed. In the video, she presents the story of the stereotypical “crazy girlfriend” the media has labeled her as and satirized the entire situation. Not to mention the song is incredible, the outfits are beautiful, and Taylor Swift is simply perfection.

2. “Mine,” Speak Now“Mine” is possibly the cutest love story ever wrapped up into a four-minute music video. Toby Hemingway stars in her fantasy life, complete with an adorable family and a home on the beach. While reflecting on the video, Taylor said, “It was a little strange. I get to wear big dresses and wear white all the time on the carpet, but there’s nothing quite like actually pretending you’re getting married.” Regardless, it’s still one of her most underrated videos.

3. “22,” RedWhile some might be ashamed to admit it, it’s probable that “22” is relatable to nearly everyone at some point in their life. Taylor sings “We’re happy, free, confused and lonely in the best way,” and it’s likely that some of us feel that even now. Not to mention, it’s possibly Taylor’s most fun video, complete with her best friends, a great party and a trampoline.

4. “You Belong With Me,” FearlessWhen this video came out, I watched it approximately 10 times consecutively, and have seen it many, many times since then. Taylor, the girl next door (literally, she’s next door to her love interest, Lucas Till) gets the guy friend she’d always been hoping for. The two then profess their love at prom; a daydream plenty of girls have had in high school.

5. “Picture to Burn,” Taylor SwiftAlthough it might not be the most rational video of Taylor’s, it’s certainly a memorable one. This is the kind you watch when you have a tough break-up and watching Taylor getting vengeance is just what you need, with her long-time best friend Abigail Anderson by her side.

Whether you agree with our list or have a few differences on yours, it’s impossible to not like at least one of these incredibly well thought out, artistic videos. Tell us your favorites in the comments below!     

Photo credit: hawtcelebs.com