The Top 5 Disney Sidekicks of All Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Growing up, I spent a lot of time watching Disney movies time and time again. Even now, a trip home usually warrants my watching of a classic. Just about all of our heroines and heroes have a partner-in-crime with whom they take on the world, and this is my ranking of them.

1. Pascal, Tangled

First of all, look at his cute little face. I may have a personal bias because Tangled is tied for my favorite princess movie, but I think Pascal is a very important character. While most sidekicks just accompany their hero for adventures, Pascal keeps Rapunzel company while she’s trapped in her tower for the first 16 years of her life.

2. Olaf, Frozen

Olaf, a kind-hearted snowman, is brought to life by Elsa with her powers. He’s funny, clever and always looking out for those he cares about. His famous quote, “Some people are worth melting for,” is arguably the most quoted line from the movie and will forever warm everybody’s hearts.

3. Will Turner, Pirates of the Caribbean

This is probably an unexpected choice on the list, but I can’t let it go unacknowledged. Will Turner inadvertently, and somewhat begrudgingly, becomes Captain Jack Sparrow’s right-hand man over the course of their adventures. He was a loyal and good friend to Jack, and I’ll never forget how happy everyone was when he finally got his pirate boots.

4. Abu, Aladdin

Abu is kind of like a younger sibling — at times frustrating, but ultimately your best friend. Aladdin and Abu look out for each other in times of hardship and cheer each other up when the going gets tough.

5. Mushu, Mulan

It’s not a typical life plan for a teenage girl to mask herself as a guy to join the army, but Mulan did it well. In all of her stressful times of trying to keep her secret under wraps, Mushu went along the way attempting his best in order to help and make her laugh when everything got to be a little much.

All of these characters are pretty underrated in a general sense. However, they make all the adventures that much better by going along for the ride!

Photo credit: wdwforgrownups.com