Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television
Life > Experiences

Things to Do This Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Pumpkin Spice and Everything nice

This fall season the Gainesville area has a calendar filled with pumpkin patches and hayrides.

To kick off the festive month of October, Gainesville is hosting the Peanut Patch and Corn Maze Halloween Festival. This festival not only includes corn mazes and a haunted house, but it also has food trucks, campfires and hayrides. This can be a fun weekend activity with the roommates and a great photo opportunity to fill your fall-aesthetic feeds. Admission is $15 and children 3 years old and under are free. The event takes place at 8656 SW 75th St. starting Oct. 7 and ends on Oct. 29.

The Gainesville Fear Garden Haunted Attraction starts on Oct. 7 and continues on until Oct. 31. It is a pop-up Halloween party, where friends can meet up and get a spooky cocktail, take pictures in the decorative spooky garden and play games. The catch with the event is that to enter you must go through The Dark Story Tent, where you enter complete darkness with only the help of headphones to lead you through, adding a haunted twist to a fun night. Admission is $8 and they are open from 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. both weekends and weekdays. It is located at 220 NW Eighth Ave.

Nothing says fall like a farmers market. Haile Farmers Market has venders from all over Alachua County. The market offers locally sourced produce and homemade goods that give you a sense of the season. It has fresh produce, live music, food and craft goods. This event not only gives you an opportunity to support local businesses but also gets you to enjoy Gainesville’s brisk fall weather while hanging out with friends. The market is open every Saturday at 8:30 a.m. to noon. It can be found on 5213 SW 91st Terrace.

Lastly, a must do is the pumpkin patch. Crossroads Farm & Apiary, formerly known as Rodgers Farm, is the perfect fall activity. Activities vary from pumpkin picking, beekeeping encounter, petting zoo, photo ops., crafts and food trucks. This is the perfect day for people to get their pumpkin for this upcoming fall session and those perfect pictures. This Fall Festival is running from Oct. 8 through Nov. 6, during weekends and located at 3831 NW 156th Ave.

Now get your pumpkin spice lattes and your fall sweater and enjoy all that this season has to offer in your local Gainesville!

Hello I am Emma! I am a first-year journalism student at the University of Florida. I love sports, reading and watching Gilmore Girls.